Tripadvisor
Pretoria
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews guest house brooklyn mall off street parking gardens are beautiful my home away from home making me feel staff were professional location is great busy city excellent hospitality visiting pretoria second home other guests conference facilities rooms are comfortable nice stay walking distance
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020

I booked an overnight stay for my family at 137 @ Murray via Bookings.com. The price for a family unit was well priced and the internet pictures looked great. We arrived at night and our first impressions were not good. The entrance was under renovation and it seemed like we woke up the night staff. The receptionist who met us was not aware of the rate on Bookings.com and was going to charge a higher rate. After my insistence, he called his supervisor to get agreement on the rate. He struggled to operate the card machine and I had to help him. The room we were given did not look like the pictures we saw on the internet. As it was late at night, we decided to make the most of what we had. In the morning, we were able to see the property properly. The B&B accommodation is spread across four different accommodation sections : the old main house, the Kiepersol building, and two newer building blocks. We were given a room at the Kiepersol building, which is a converted face brick house. The rooms do not look like the internet pictures, which were taken at the new buildings. The B&B has nice garden areas to relax. The breakfast was fairly good. The staff were able to accommodate our dietary needs. Other Positives : Good value for money. Beds were comfortable. Shower and bathroom was large and clean. The sockets in the bedrooms have USB ports. The accommodation is close to Brooklyn Mall. The property appears to be geared for conferences. Negatives : The Kiepersol accommodation is not as nice as the newer blocks. The parking areas are very tight. There are a lot of rooms in the property and one didn't have a sense of privacy as there are other guests moving about all the time.

Room tip: Avoid the Kiepersol rooms. Ask for the new rooms shown on the website pictures.
Reviewed December 15, 2019

Walking distance to Brooklyn's eating places and theatres was one of the many plusses of our visit. The room was extremely comfy, the breakfasts grand, the grounds delightful, the service excellent. It rained all week, as it turned out, but umbrellas were plentiful and the gardens bloomed beautifully.

Reviewed December 3, 2019

A great place getaway for a few days, while still being able to access cool places to eat & drink, I would recommend this place for anyone trying to have a peaceful weekend while still being in the city.

Reviewed December 2, 2019

Ideally located and private rooms with good service, good breakfast and since we bought a special that was offered online, it was also extremely well priced. Will definitely recommend this place to family and friends.

Reviewed November 19, 2019

My stay was very pleasant. Zelda Gildenhuys from Gildenhuys and Malatji Attorneys arranged my bookings. I am pleased to say I stayed very well, the food was great the staff members are so professional and very friendly were very helpful. The drivers whom picked us up was also very friendly and helpful ;as well, I was on time for all my appointments. I did feel very safe, secure and comfortable knowing I am alone in a big City don't know anyone but where I did stay they make everything easy for me. I felt relax and at home. My first time in Pretoria was really a great experience. All that I maybe can asked is to can stay next time in a room with a shower. The reason for that is I have lower back injuries after my accident I thus prefer a shower on top of a bath.

Date of stay: November 2019