“be careful on the extra charges!”
Review of Alpine Attitude

Alpine Attitude
Ranked #51 of 365 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I had colleagues and customers staying there for a few days.
Unfortunately I was forced to do this since my other normally frequented hotels were either fully booked or closed due to the holidays.

Nice little boutique hotel but the pricing policy is quite on the extreme side.
My colleagues were charged 500 Rand for an early check in even though the rooms were not occupied. They also charge in addition to that 500 Rand for a late check out - we made sure that we did not have to use this kind offer...The room rate was about 1500 Rand which is a bit on the high side especially for Pretoria and being right next to a main road. The rooms are nice and modern, although very small.
The place offers in-house cooking therefore we booked lunches and a diner.
The food was of very high quality and the chef was very creative. However we could have gone to the fanciest restaurant in town for these kind of prices (R 350 pp excluding drinks for a three course meal). We also only realized only too late that one of the bottles of wine which was offered to us 'on the house' had in fact been charged to us.
We also wanted to initially make use of their conference facilities - a dark garage type set up with some fancy office furniture right next to the main road( at about 5000 a day!)....we opted for the pretty veranda next to the pool.
Safety was a bit of a concern to us as well - when we came back from a diner on the one evening (at about midnight) the place was dark an no one answered the door bell.
However the gate had not been locked nor the front door (!!!)
Overall a mixed back - if you like a fancy modern environment you might enjoy the stay, however be sure to read the small print with great care to avoid disappointment and a burning hole in your wallet.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BusinessClassZA

Reviewed November 15, 2010

it has been spledid to be at alpine, I will be coming back with the whole family soon. the food was delicious and unique "one of those top billing dishes", perfectly prepared.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Really great boutique hotel in Pretoria. Not much selection in this city. But this is a great option..friendly staff. Nice restaurant. This will become our place to stay when in Pretoria!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Recently spent a few days at the Alpine Attitude and feel compelled to let everyone here know that this is a really special place. The design is very cool, as you can see from their web site. The entire place is spotlessly maintained and has every modern convenience. But the service is what stands out as extraordinary. The entire staff makes you feel as though you are an old friend from the first day. The owner, Charmaine, sets the tome. She is very charming and goes out of her way to ensure her guests are happy and well cared for. The chef is also a tremendous talent. For such a small hotel and restaurant, she prepares stellar meals every night. If you will be staying at the hotel, don't bother eating anywhere else; and if you live in Pretoria, make a booking! This is a real find...I'll be back every time I'm in Pretoria. It will feel like going back to a great friend's vacation home.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

The Transparent room was awesome. It was a room which allowed energy to flow freely and was a source of tranquility at the end of a busy day. The catering was also first class. The staff were friendly and well trained - it was a joy to be greeted with smiling faces on a daily basis

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I recently spent a night at the Alpine Attitude Boutique Hotel and I could not be more pleased with the accommodations and staff. Everyone was extremely helpful in navigating travel arrangements due to a train strike. I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it whole hardly to anyone visiting Pretoria. Dinner at the hotel was incredible and first class!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I spent 6 months at Alpine and it became my home and family. I lost 4 inches of waist thanks to self-catering and a creative Chef that took care of me. I got inspired to train and run by the owner Charmaine an unbelievable runner herself, I got inspired by the modern architecture and pure design. I composed music there, I wrote, I fell in love, I lived fully. I recommend it without hesitation for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business