“What a delight”

Ranked #31 of 362 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Waterloo, Belgium
“What a delight”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at The Capital House in November along with 2 colleagues during a short business trip to South Africa in November. What a wonderful place! We all travel extensively on business (more than 100 years of travelling experience between us) and we all agree that this place is a true oasis. It was a real pleasure to find ourselves in a "home" rather than a corporate soul-less hotel. Pat and her entire staff made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived, in fact it is fair to say that they treated us more like friends than guests. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The rooms were spacious and beautifully appointed (I got to sample two of them because we went to Botswana for a few days and then returned). The setting was wonderful - in the most upmarket suburb of Pretoria. Very safe and very peaceful. It was a real pleasure to return there in the evening, once our business was complete and settle down with a cold beer before being fed with a superb dinner. I really hope I get the chance to return some day!

Aldo, Angus and Ben

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have stayed at The Capital House twice and have already booked our next trip. The accommodation is exquisite with beautiful architecture and nice large suites and bathrooms. The house is located in Pretoria's most prestigious and safe suburb alongside many of the diplomatic residences (right next door to the British and US ambassador’s homes) and has easy access to the main transportation arteries. Both times, we have stayed as a base for recreational travel but it is well set up for the business traveller with high speed internet access and several semi-private areas for informal meetings and larger areas for small conferences.

The employees were courteous and very helpful with arranging transportation and dining suggestions around Pretoria. In terms of breakfast, the kitchen makes the most amazing fresh bread in the morning. I highly recommend a stay at this beautiful Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Bray, Ireland
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at Capital House during a brief business trip to South Africa in November 2012. The premises is very well maintained and located in the embassy district of Pretoria, The US embassy is around the corner, so the area is very safe and secure - a big plus in SA.

The room was very spacious, clean, with a large comfortable double bed, balcony with views over the city, and a jacuzzi bath and double shower. I had breakfast on two mornings which was very good and ejjoyed a few glasses of wine with the very hospitable owners and the other guests. This is a much more pleasant way to travel than staying at anonymous chain hotels.

I would recommend it very highly for business, family travel (there is a pool) and the romantic getaway too!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 15 which was great! I didn't see the others.
1 Thank David123456789212098
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a beautiful and elegant Bed and Breakfast. The rooms are terrific, the water pressure awesome and the owners are very interesting and charming. The breakfasts were delicious. The owners were so gracious and willing to allow us to have a party there so we were able to easily renew old acquaintances. We were there late in October so we were blessed with gorgeous blooming jacaranda trees. There is a lovely pool but it was a little to cool for us to swim. The accommodations and service were excellent so we can highly recommend The Capital House without any reservations.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor overlooking the city and it was beautiful!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Traveler1586
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I spent only one night at Capital House - but it was magnificent. I had an enormous bedroom with an emperor size bed and elegant antique furniture The CH is situated at the top of Waterkloof Ridge and has wonderful views over the mauve jacarandas of the city's eastern suburbs. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the shower was hot and forceful. The service was excellent and friendly and included a delicious English breakfast in the elegant dining room. Little wonder that CH has been chosen by VIPs as their base while visiting Pretoria.

Room Tip: Chose the bedroom suite at the eastern end of the residence. It has a magnificent view!
1 Thank davesteward1945
Berlin
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I booked the Capital House through a travel site as it had nice reviews on Tripadvisor. After my three weeks stay I have to say that all the reviews were absolutely true!! It is a charming lavish villa in an absolutely safe part of Pretoria. Staff is incredibly friendly, highly professional and definitely goes the extra mile. I was upgraded to a huge stylish room with a large balcony which overlooks Pretoria. Breakfast is a la carte and you can order whatever you wish. If I return to Pretoria for business again, Capital House will be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank M_and_M_Berlin
Munich, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed in Pretoria's Capital House for a three week business trip and by the end of the stay I felt like home and didn't want to leave at all. The owner Pat, her husband Jake and the rest of the staff really looked after me, including a lovely decorated surprise breakfast on my birthday. The rooms were very spacious equipped with all necessary amenities and breakfast was good, including fresh home made bread and fresh fruits. The staff was very cordial and gave me a lot of advises, amongst others on restaurants, sightseeing possibilities and shopping malls. The rooms and the entire guest house is tastefully furnished and made me immediately feel very comfortable. I can highly recommend Capital House to all travelers that appreciate an accomodation with a personal and genuine touch.
Igor R. from Munich