“New York in Pretoria”

Kream Brooklyn
Ranked #3 of 726 Restaurants in Pretoria
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kream offers everything from steak to sushi to curries. We pride ourselves on excellent service paired with delectable food. If you are a wine or whiskey lover, come take a look at our wise range of options.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We've been to this restaurant time and again and never has it disappointed us with its great food and atmosphere. (Especially their variety of steaks with great of sauces to add.) The serves is really professional. When you walk in there it feels like stepping into a New York restaurant due to the clean and simplistic interior design. It is a bit pricy (it comes with fine dining) but worth it! It is very popular and I would recommend booking in advance. They are open for lunch and dinner.

1  Thank TravellersNotes
Tufan Y, Manager at Kream Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear TravellersNotes,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Paul Charsley and I am a manager at Kream. I have recently been made responsible for all social media, so I am going through all TripAdvisor reviews.

I would like to personally thank you for your great review, and at the same time apologize for the slow response.

We hope to see you here again if you are up in PTA again.

Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice food, but staff not that great. Takes a while to catch a waiter's attention. The Drawback is loud clanky music. Not a place to party, but fine for meeting before dinner.

1  Thank Geoff H

Dear Geoff H,

My Name is Paul Charsley, I am a manager at Kream, I would like to apologize that you found that our service was not as attentive as you would have liked it.

As for the music, do you have any suggestions of something that you would prefer and we can see if could include it in the playlist.

Kind regards,

Manager

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Upmarket food (cuisine style), attentive service and value for money. Decor very stylish. Excellent wine list.

Tufan Y, Manager at Kream Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear im_bandit,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Paul Charsley. I am a manager at Kream and have recently been assigned to social media.

I would like to firstly thank you for your good review, we really appreciate it.

Secondly I would like to apologize that no one got back to you sooner.

Thank you once again and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been invited by my customer to Kream and I immediately felt this is a very special place. As typcial European of course I tried all exotic dishes. My main dish Kudu was tasty, but very demanding to cut - is it normal? I don't know... Carpaccio starter was great! We have been served by young girl, so we admitted that we can stand a bit unprofessional touch, especially that her more experienced colleague came from time to time to check that everything is all right. Interior is very stylish - if you plan to invite foreign guests, they will be impressed. This is the place to visit while being in Pretoria.

Dear Finpol,

Firstly I would like to introduce myself, my name is Paul Charsley. I am a manager at Kream restaurant and I have recently been appointed to social media.

I would just like to thank you for that review that you made in September 2012.

When you come back to South Africa we hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to Kream for a birthday dinner. It was a small group of 6 people.
It took over 15 minutes to place an order for drinks, once the order had been placed, it took at least another 15 minutes to get the drinks. We eventually placed an order for food; I order their rump - medium. The steak was RAW on the inside. I waited a while before another waiter came to our table, only then did they take back the food and put it back on the grill. By the time it came back, it was so over cooked I didn't even bother having it.

Presentation of the food was great, but the taste left nothing to brag about.

3  Thank LeAfrica

Dear LeAfrica,

Firstly I would like to introduce myself, my name is Paul Charsley. I am a manager at Kream, I have recently been assigned to all social media, so I have been going through TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologize for the bad experience that you had here in September 2012, I would like to invite you back with your partner for a meal on us. We are very proud of our product and would like to show you that we can do well.

My personal number is 0825438545, due to the nature of the business I might not answer straight away so please leave me a message and I will get back to you.

Hope to hear from you soon,