“Good Ambience - perfect for business lunches”
Review of Papa's Real Food

Papa's Real Food
Ranked #59 of 696 Restaurants in Pretoria
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
USA
“Good Ambience - perfect for business lunches”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

If you don't enjoy outdoors or are uncomfortable with cooler air, forget about this place. The Indoor seating area is decent. I just loved the backside with the trees and daylight. Service, in my experience was good. There is value for money with regards to food quality. Papa's is a perfect setting for business lunches.

• Visited May 2012

Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Lovely”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

what a nice Sunday lunch did we have, in the courtyard (amazing atmosphere). The food was delicious, best peri-peri chicken in Pretoria.

Going back tomorrow (9 days later. Yummy!)

• Visited May 2012
Knysna, South Africa
“A once in a lifetime restaurant!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have just eaten lunch at Papa's Restaurant, Hatfield, Pretoria. The restaurant is in Prospect Street, Hatfield. Today (25 April 2012) is a cold summer's day in Pretoria and I arrived early to ensure that I would miss the peak lunch hour. On arrival I started looking for a waiter to show me where I could sit. I could not find one so decided to sit at Table 6, relatively close to the entrance on the western side of the restaurant. Unfortunately the door does not fit properly in the door frame so it was unpleasantly cold inside the restaurant. The table was laid with the mere basics which included a paper serviette so thin that it was of no use at all. In short, the restaurant completely lacked any type of ambiance. It was just a cold, sparsely furnished space.

When the waiter eventually arrived, I placed my order. And then the long wait for the 'gourmet burger' began. When it did at last arrive, the food was very average: good enough not to complain about but so average that one will not return to the restaurant.

In the meantime, my waiter as well as the waiter for two other tables, disappeared! Each of the tables was individually trying to attract the attention of any employee of the restaurant. The manager (or I assume he is the manager) eventually came to my rescue. The other tables still had to wave arms etc to attract the attention of any employee. I paid the 'manager' for my meal as the waiter had disappeared. And then I waited for my change ....... which never arrived. I then went to reception and asked for my change. But ... there was no change. The waiter did not have change on him. To his rescue came another waitress whose purse could not open! After much irritation I eventually got my change and left with the same feeling that you have when you have been ripped off by someone.

It has been a once in a lifetime experience to me. Never again!

• Visited April 2012
Pretoria, South Africa
“Such an Arty ambiance”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I just like Pappas and the atmosphere the food is good.Lots of interesting shops around.

Johannesburg
“Good spot for al fresco dining, but can be unpredicatable”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Love their courtyard in summer. The food is ok, but nothing too special. Vegetarian options are limited.