“Good for students - noisy and very basic”
Review of Rondebosch Manor

Rondebosch Manor
Ranked #24 of 29 Newlands B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This establishment is VERY far off calling itself a FOUR star bed and breakfast - my room was dark, had a view of black trolley bins and the very noisy road, 1 tiny bar of soap between the shower and basin, no wastepaper bin in the bedroom, no tea or water and the room itself was in need of urgent maintenance. Old office furniture and mismatched furniture has been used throughout. My colleagues' room was filthy and they received 1 thread bare towel for 2 people. The window has no security and opens onto the busy road which has a very low wall. I had no batteries in my remote and the bedside light did not work. When I went to ask if I could get batteries and some tea, myself and another guest were left to look for ourselves as there was nobody available.
Another couple traveling with us were told telephonically the day before their arrival, that there was no accommodation for them, despite them having confirmed.
This is suitable for a STUDENT or OVERSEAS YOUTH traveling who is expecting basic accommodation.
The price is the same of some exceptional and magnificent Bed and Breakfasts in the area.
The night time noise was constant.
When I asked for a business card, there were non at reception - this place needs a serious look at its level of professionalism, maintenance and the market.
I wonder how the rating of four stars has been kept for so long and not reviewed...

Room Tip: Do not stay on the road side as it is exceptionally noisy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FRAN W

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've been there for one week in february 2013 and I really feel at home. The staff are very friendly and efficient, the room is cozy and spacious. You have also a free Wi-fi, a simple but well prepared breakfast and night meals.

I really enjoyed my stay and I recommend to everyone that would like to feel at home in Cape Town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at Rondebosch Manor for 3 weeks in February 2012 whilst working in Cape Town. My room was very spacious, always well cleaned and tidied. A few teething problems with WiFi were quickly resolved and I had very fast, free Internet throughout.
Breakfast was fairly simple but very well prepared. An honesty bar was a good touch. I also availed myself of the laundry service, which was fast and efficient.
The staff were extremely friendly. Johnny and Jane (owners) made me feel extremely welcome, as did Hein (manager), who was also extremely efficient and helpful.
Location is ideal, and only 10 minutes' drive to most of the Cape Town attractions, 5 minutes from the University. Free on-site parking was a real bonus. I didn't use the small plunge pool out front, but it looked clean and well looked after.
All in all, I really can't exaggerate how much i enjoyed my stay. I recommend it to anyone, and will certainly go back again.

• Stayed: February 2012