“Convenient Location”

The Oak and Vine Guest House
Ranked #3 of 29 Newlands B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had to attend a University function and this location was very convenient. I didn't actually go into the main house other than to get my key and I didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on that. The little cottage I stayed in was quite quaint and had all the facilities I needed. One can self cater and that is convenient but a lot is squeezed into one room so you do feel as though you are sleeping in a kitchen - but it is not a problem. Parking is also good and the staff I met were very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you want to stay in the Southern Suburbs then this is the place to be. It is only 5 mins walk to Newlands Rugby & Cricket grounds.
The accommodation is excellent, great bed, en suite, flat screen tv, wifi, mini bar (not expensive). Breakfast is superb, with a great range of cold and made to order hot food available. Derek is so helpful and let us keep our room on until late afternoon as we had an evening flight back. Will be booking here again next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I come to Cape Town three times a year for business, and unless it is fully booked, I always stay at the Oak and Vine. The location is great for going into the city center, down to the Southern Suburbs, or heading out in the direction of Stellenbosch and the Garden Route. Derek and Co provide delicious breakfasts, the house and rooms are kept immaculately clean, and there is secured parking. You can hang around and drink coffee in common room any time of day. Best of all, is the general vibe of the staff: friendly, welcoming, helpful. I will keep coming back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is one of the best guest houses I have ever stayed in. The accommodation is excellent, the room I stayed in had every thing that you needed, the beds are very comfortable. the staff are lovely and ever so helpful. The house is next to a very larg park which is great for running or walking. Breakfast is amazing and cooked as you order. The house is well located for visiting the water front and table top mountain which you can see while you eat breakfast. Wifi is very good.
All in all I would recommend this home for all types of visitors.
The staff are exceptionally friendly and kind. I was even allowed to stay passed my check out time which again is very considerate.

Room Tip: I had a double room on the ground floor with shower very quite and great view with heater and air co...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was booked here 2 years ago by the company I was contracted to, since it is very close to their offices. Now I stay here as often as I can! They remember me, stay up late to receive me if I arrive late, remember what I do eat and can't eat for breakfast and I always have the deepest sleep here. The personal touch is amazing - wonderful breakfast with a great variety, everything is fresh, little chocolates on the pillows, extra blankets in the cupboard in winter and smiling service. William is a particular superstar. Being in newlands they are close to the stadium, Claremont, highways (airport in non-peak time is less than 20 minutes drive). I cannot recommend it enough.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My entire experience with The Oak and Vine, from booking to departure was faultless! The location is central and the accommodation and facilities met my every need. Will definitely be staying at the The Oak and Vine again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband, infant son and I stayed in the cottage. It was comfortable. When I first arrived I was a little worried as the cottage is right next to a reasonably busy road but it was very quiet due to a big wall. The main house is beautiful. Breakfast was delicious and varied. Location was really fantastic. Right next to a big park where we had a very nice walk.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newlands
Vineyard Hotel
Southern Sun Newlands
#2 of 3 in Newlands
Wild Olive Guest House
#1 of 29 in Newlands

Been to The Oak and Vine Guest House? Share your experiences!