Fernwood Manor
Vineyard Hotel(Newlands)
$205
$160
Travelocity
Radisson RED Cape Town(Cape Town)(Great Value!)
$172
$134
Hotwire.com
$256
Orbitz.com
Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$87
$261
$246
All reviewsalmond suiteattention to detailcape townluxury accommodationhonesty bar downstairsb bguest housegorgeous surroundingssix night staytranquil oasishome away from homefurther afieldexcellent place to stayevery respectlast wordsouth africa tripkirstenbosch gardens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Back at Fernwood Manor for the second time this year. Standards never fall below excellent. Although there had been one or two staff changes since my last visit, I still found the staff friendly and efficient as on previous visits. Staff are pro-active and will approach guests with offers of tea or coffee. Rooms are furnished to the highest standards and electric blankets for the chilly winter nights were appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have just spent 10 days at Fernwood. The rooms are wonderful, quiet and luxuriously appointed and the staff are charming. My room had a wonderful view of the mountain, breakfasts were a delight and Sally is an exceptional host. I will be returning there next year with my family for a further holiday visit.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Almond room - very quiet with a large terrace and stunning view of the mountain
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Fernwood Manor in early April 2012 and found everything about it absolutely lovely, the rooms, the staff and the location. Would strongly recommend and will definitely stay there again next time I'm in Cape Town.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Horsley4524
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I are regular visitors to Cape Town and have just stayed 17 days at Fernwood. The standards are superb and Sally and her fabulous staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The larger rooms/suites and bathrooms are superb and fully 5* standard. Afternoon traffic to the Southern suburbs is awful but Fernwood is worth putting up with it. If anything, I hesitate to write in more detail as we'd like to keep the secret of this fantastic property to ourselves and our friends. If you are looking for 5* in Cape Town, don't hesitate!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allan7141
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed at The Fernwood Manor Five Star Guest House in January 2012 and were absolutely thrilled with the room (to the right of Reception) it was huge with the most tasteful furniture. Patio doors led out onto a small area with lush gardens and it was a glorious stroll to the small but perfectly adequate and beautiful pool area. Our bathroom was the last word in luxury with huge jacuzzi bath, large shower and separate toilet. As we had had a long haul flight we missed breakfast the following morning but the dining room staff rang our room and said that they would wait for us to come across. My husband took up this offer and they even sent a tray of fresh fruit, yoghurt and orange juice over to me, that's what I call service. The staff were helpful, courteous and just so happy to do anything for the guests. We fell in love with the place and there is absolutely no doubt that we will stay there again during our annual visits to the wonderful Western Cape. Mr and Mrs M W Clatworthy Bridgend South Wales

Room Tip: The large double room to the right of reception is just perfect
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple