“Better than home!”

Riversong Guest House
Ranked #4 of 29 Newlands B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at the Riversong Guest House in Capetown for 5 days in November, 2013, right after a Safari. Inri and her staff had us picked up at the airport and provided a guide for the entire visit. We had a wonderful welcome with lots of information and tips on what to do. This was not the usual check-in, but more like coming to a good friend's house and talking things over to make sure your visit is the best. The beds are very comfortable, the water is always hot and the rooms are spacious and sunny. And the breakfasts, made to order, are everything one could possibly want to start the day. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. It seems that everyone here is genuinely interested in making you feel special. I wanted to walk to a nearby shopping mall by myself, but Inri would have none of it. She sent one of her staff with me to make sure I was save and did not get lost. The Riversong also provided excellent and quick laundry service and took care of some purchases for us,as well and took care of our postage needs. There is nothing wrong with the Riversong, nothing! If you come at the right time of the year, you can take advantage of the swimming pool as well. We had a few meals in the evenings with stuff we had bought at the market and the Riversong provides all the rest to make for an elegant dinner on the Patio. This is a well maintained, beautiful guest house in a quiet neighborhood and I can recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: I stayed in the mountain view room and loved it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Inri M, Owner at Riversong Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Liz

Thank you for writing such a complimentary review. Sorry to hear you were not well after your trip. I hope you are feeling much better now. We loved having your group stay with us. I am getting ready to receive the next groups mid Jan, Feb, March, April and May so I am going to very busy from now on. I had a wonderful holiday in Australia so I am ready for 2014. Take care and keep on touch via Face book on the Riversong page or my personal page. Love hearing from you all. Best regards from Inr and the rest of The Riversong Team.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This trip could not have been any better than it was. Inri kept us well informed way before we arrived and was patient and kind as the nine of us kept changing our minds in deciding what tours we wanted to take. We needed two vehicles and our guides and drivers that Inri provided for us were so accommodating. As for Riversong, it's so beautiful and inviting that it's hard to put into words. The food was outstanding and even with snacks and wine provided in our rooms, Inri came by with a plate of cheeses and crackers for us as we celebrated our last night in paradise. Riversong is beautiful all on it's own with everything you could ever need, but the staff made you feel like it was your house and you were part of a family. We would love to go back just to visit the good friends that we made as well as the beautifully appointed guest house. We have traveled a lot, but this place was special and will always be remembered.

Room Tip: I saw 5 of the rooms as there were 9 of us traveling together. All of the rooms were spacious and h...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Inri M, Owner at Riversong Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Debbie and Don
Thank you for the wonderful review and email. I am in H.K. at the moment so we email when I get back on 22 Dec. We loved having your group stay with us and we are always sad when our new friends leave us. We look forward to hosting your brother and his wife in the near future. Wishing you a wonderful festive season and a successful and blessed 2014. Will pass on your greetings to all back at Riversong. Lots of love Inri

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The only issue I had with Riversong is that transportation is a problem, but that's Cape Town's problem, not the Guest House's. The experience was splendid, service first class. Wonderful people that you can talk to for a while, in a beautiful area that's quiet and pleasant, but close to shops (10 minutes to Cavendish shopping mall, for instance). Very good breakfast, very good amenities and in-house services, very helpful people with a constant and honest smile; TV, papers and in-room amenities like tea, coffee and some brandy. As long as your travels require you to be in the Eastern side of Cape Town, or if you have transportation, it's perfect. If you don't, metered taxis are a little unreliable so prepare yourself to walk; if your business is downtown or if you need a full hotel that you can use as a base for working, it won't do. But if you go to CT for pleasure or business in the area, you can do no wrong here. I'm delighted that I've chosen it, even if the real reason was the "Doctor Who" connection (hotel staff were completely unaware of it, BTW).

Room Tip: Next to the pool and as close to the river as possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eduardo V

Dear Debbie and Don

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Well before our trip we were provided with personalized guidance on rooms, tours, guide, restaurants. Inri even sent us a photo of the guide who would meet us at the airport, so that we would feel safe. The room was large, and had nearly any amenity one could want. At any time staff were available, and often offered assistance before we asked. The breakfasts were amazing. Each began with an artistically arranged plate of fresh fruit, and included beverages of your choice, and all sorts of hot and cold items. All served as we watched the clouds working their magic over the mountain. There had been rain before we arrived, so the river's song was wonderfully relaxing background. There were fresh cookies in our room each day. This is a great home away from home and it was like leaving home when we left!

Room Tip: The garden room faces the courtyard and pool and has the benefit of the sound of the river.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Inri M, Owner at Riversong Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Hi Sue

Thanks for writing a review. We loved hosting your group. Everyone was so easy to please and gracious. This makes our job so much easier. Happy Thanks Giving!!!. Best regards Inri and The Riversong Team.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Everyone was most helpful, going way beyond what was required at times to meet our specific needs at the moment. No request seems to be too much! The rooms were well appointed with things for most any need. The location was good for eating and shopping. The view of Table Mountain was dramatic as you came into the Inn. I will return the next time I am in Cape Town! DE, USA

Hi Margaret

Thanks for writing a review. Thought of you today as I took my parents on the cart ride around Kirstenbosch gardens. It is a stunning hot wind free day. I was amazed at how big the gardens are. I should have done it a long time ago. Much easier than walking in the hot sun. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Best regards Inri and The Riversong Team.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I recently stayed with six friends at the Riversong Guest House, Newlands, Cape Town. What a wonderful place! I could have stayed at least another week and never left the house. Inri McManus, the owner, has thought of everything. There was so much "extra" in our room that I could not have thought of another thing needed. The staff is wonderful and ever ready to help--above and beyond--all the time. Inri is a wealth of information about the area and ready to share. Breakfast is a feast, starting with a beautiful, individual, plate of assorted fruits every day. I was amazed when I asked for coffee and the follow on question was "regular filtered or French press!" Inri, you made our stay in Cape Town extra special and I will be back!

Room Tip: A friend and I were in the Leopard Room, which was wonderful. Two queen beds, a lounge area and rig...

Dear Elisabeth
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the lovely praise. I will share your review with the team tomorrow. We are happiest when our guests are happy and we exceed their expectations. Happy Thanks giving! All the best Inri and The Riversong Team

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is the nicest and homiest place I have ever visited. With the background of table mountain and located next to a river, what would we ask for more for a place to stay in South Africa. Moreover, they offer a reasonable price. Surely, I will come back with my family someday. Petrus, Indonesia

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Petrus
Thank you for your lovely review. Our home is your home. We look forward to hosting you and your family again some day in the future. Best wishes until we meet again. Enjoy wearing your SA hat.