Riversong Guest House
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Newlands(Newlands)(Great Value!)
$71
$60
Vineyard Hotel(Newlands)
$180
$176
Priceline
$135
$122
Radisson RED Cape Town(Cape Town)(Great Value!)
$118
$130
Hotels.com
$233
Hotels.com
Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$135
$128
Protea Hotels
$188
All reviewsguest houseroof terracetable mountaincape towntourist guideleopard roomgarage parkingpersonal experiencerooms and common areasgarden roomopen planclose friendsshort strollchoice of restaurantsthought of everythingstaff were all very helpfulevery morning
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Dear Inri

I had the pleasure of staying at your guest house since last week Wednesday to Sunday. I was part of the Reach for Recovery group that arrived on Friday.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and felt at home. I contacted Winner when I arrived on Wednesday and immediately felt at ease when he informed me that he is awaiting my arrival. I was met in such a friendly, yet professional manner and was shown around. I immediately felt relaxed and welcome. You guest house is stunning and really has a lot to offer the guests.

Charmaine greeted me by name the following morning and what a surprise this was to me because it was a clear indication of an effort made on her part. This enabled me to engage in conversation with her regarding my surroundings and I needed directions. Her mentioning my name immediately removed the feeling of just being a guest.

Your staff is friendly (and this includes the ladies who clean the rooms), yet very professional. They conduct themselves in such a manner that one would think they are the owners of the guest house.

Winner and Charmaine did not hesitate to assist when we had difficulty with the laptop etc. Nothing was ever too much to ask your staff and they always ready to assist with their infectious smile and friendly disposition.

I wish you and your staff well for the future.

Regards
Leonie Harry
Regional Rep. Eastern Cape
Reach for Recovery (breast cancer support group)
harryln@absamail.co.za

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We just returned from a 6 night stay at Riversong. Inri is the perfect innkeeper with suggestions for day trips and helpful tips for travelers to Cape Town. Her staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. The guest house itself is immaculate with many amenities. Breakfast is ample with delicious fresh fruit, cereals, cheese, meats, and cooked to order eggs served with toast (white or brown), bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms. Yum! Not air conditioned, but fans were adequate even on the hottest days. Our group of 7 was treated like royalty! Five stars+ for Riversong!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VirginiaWallygirl
Reviewed March 5, 2012

From the moment we arrived at Riversong, I knew this was going to be a wonderful stay in a nice neighborhood with a view of Table Mountain. The decor of the public areas was welcoming and I felt like I was visiting a friend's home, The staff was so friendly and interested in making the stay a memorable one. Hot, to-order breakfasts in the ample dining area were a wonderful way to start the day and sitting outside in the patio was a wonderful way to end it. Our Garden room in a ground floor addition near the pool was very large, clean and had all the conveniences like a mini kitchen off to the side with microwave, toaster, water heater for coffee, well stocked fridge and a small island countertop with stools; there was a sofa and desk; a comfy robe and slippers and hair dryer were provided; the bathroom was large and modern; and there was plenty of closet space. If desired, clothes were washed overnight. In short, everything one needed, including wifi throughout and a guest computer. Inri, the owner/hostess was a delight and she wanted to be certain that our visit to Cape Town was everything it could be, including making dinner reservations and suggestions of an itinerary that would allow us to see the best this beautiful city had to offer. Archie, the guide affiliated with Riversong, was wonderful - he was knowledgable of the history, knew just where to take us, had a great personality, and we relied on him to make each day better than the last. I will not soon forget this experience and would highly recommend Riversong to anyone wanting a care-free vacation in a 5 star establishment at a reasonable price. If I should ever be so fortunate to return, it will be to Riversong.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sidney B
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Riversong has to be one of the best places I have stayed for a long time! Travelling with our 2 year old son can be a daunting task but with help from Charmaine, Winner and all the staff at RS - the holiday was relaxing and all our needs were met.

The staff are just so friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble.

Our room (Floral) was perfect, however during our stay it was very warm and the room does not have air conditioning, fans were provided. The view of the mountain was super, the bed was massive and all facilities had been thought of.

I had a look around all of the rooms and they are all equally nice and in my opinion much nicer than The Vineyard (where my parents stayed) for the cost.

I have been to Cape Town over 20 times but can guarantee we will defiantly be back to this beautiful guesthouse.

Special thank you to Charmaine and Winner for all your help

Catherine, Duncan and Little Sammy x

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Flossie501
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Do you know what, having stayed at some of the top hotels in the world I was absolutely astonished by this guest house.

As we pulled up I had severe reservations as from the outside (front) it was nothing special to look at. However, as soon as the owner and staff greeted myself and my colleague at the front door my whole opinion changed, what a fantastic welcome and such a quality place.

I stayed in the "River Room" it has the largest bed I have seen in my life, I got lost in it and I am 6'6" tall. The detail in the room was second to none that I have experienced before, high quality fitted wardrobes and plenty of them, well appointed bathroom area and plenty of home comforts all around you.

The porter insisted on helping with my luggage to the point of getting the luggage stand out and after asking for permission opening my case for me. I took the opportunity to ask if I could have an iron and ironing board delivered to my room to which the porter (sorry I forgot his name) said I will iron your shirts for you sir - amazing service and no cost!

Breakfast was a wonderful experience, so beautifully presented (fruits) and the cooked breakfast was freshly prepared to order and nothing was too much trouble, toast, preserves, marmite (yes even marmite).

As I said I have the River Room and if you come out of the room and turn left and look up you can see the most spectacular view of table mountain and at 6am with the rising sun on it the view was worth double what I paid for the room - spectacular!

This guest house will be my base each time I visit Cape Town and I would seriously recommend all of you to give it a go, the staff are so friendly and accommodating and the place itself is beyond 5 star in my opinion.

I have personally recommended this guest house to no less than 5 of my close friends, thats how good it is.

Thanks for your professionalism, quality accommodation and I look forward to seeing you all again in January 2012.

Room Tip: The River Room is fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Inri M, Owner at Riversong Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Thank you for your great review. We enjoyed hosting you and look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. January and February are our busiest months so if you know your dates please book early to avoid disappointment. Best regards Inri and the staff of Riversong Guest House.