“Avianto MTB Trails”
Review of Avianto

Avianto
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Muldersdrift
Reviewed June 18, 2014

There is much said about Avianto as a hotel and wedding facility but they have a gem of a Mountain Bike Park that deserves praise.

When you arrive, the guard will direct you to the parking on the left. Go left, and as you do, keep looking out your rear view mirror and you will soon see a long vertical yellow road sign with an arrow pointing to the floor. Remember this sign behind your, as this is where you want to go to start your ride once on your bike and it will lead you steeply downhill through the lower parking lot. There is another such sign at the end of the upper parking lot but this takes you to a tail end of the trails outside the Avianto property. It is interesting but leave it for the end if you have some juice left.

Once you follow the directions of the first sign, the rest are clear and obvious. You will ride through a bridge over a river and up the hill to a building that overlooks the river. This is where you pay for your ride (R30). The trails start and end here.

The trail is mostly single trail on hardpack. Although this area is known for loose gravel over hardpack (front wheel slideouts), there is surprisingly little here. This makes the trail quite fast and it is varied in topography. I believe there are shower facilities but I didn't stay long enough to find out, but certainly saw a few people walking to the main reception area with gear bags after completing their rides. I finished at 13h30 on Sunday and the bike cleaner had vanished as had everyone else.

I rate this trail and surrounding facilities as a 4 but had there been even simple food and drink on offer at the top clubhouse, then I would have rated it a 5.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Avianto was my fairy-tale in real life. my wedding day was so special and beautiful that I will be thank full that I chose Avianto for ever!!
staff and Karen my coordinator was so helpful and made me feel so calm, they were in control!!
thank you so much!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Just a huge thank you to Avianto for a superbly organised Wedding day for my Husband and I.
Everything went according to plan and it was amazing. The venue is stunningly beautiful and the service is brilliant. Accommodation is top notch and would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had our wedding at Avianto on 26 April 2014, the venue was a dream. It was a hit with all our guests it brought nostalgic moments of their own wedding day. The staff were treating us like royalty attending to our needs with such efficiency and professionalism. They assisted us to create our perfect wedding, the food was amazing, the ambience was spectacular. Everything was perfect with help of the wedding coordinator and wedding team. You could see to this people this is not only about business but its affording couples like us the most memorable day of our lives. It is worth mentioning that our wedding coordinator Alex Watermeyer went beyond call of duty to ensure everything runs smoothly on the day.

Kgomotso & Israel

Room Tip: Request them to turn on the fireplace to create a romantic mood
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kgomotso4816
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I attended a wedding at Avianto on Saturday 31 May.
I have to draw this venues attention to one very important thing:

It appears that the person who designed this venue has no clue about weddings!!

From when you step out of the car and all the way into the reception hall there are cobble stones, gravel and uneven flooring to contend with! Surely you must know that the people attending the wedding will be wearing high heels and most definitely the bride will be wearing high heels.
I had to cling onto my date the entire evening out of fear of falling!
I think that is such a poor oversight, when the venue is designed for this one very important day in a couples life!

Apart from that the food and service was excellent!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had a friend getting married at the venue so we decided to stay over so we could get out of hand and not worry about the consequences. The rooms are nice and big, bath and separate shower, table in the garden and a mini bar. The biggest problem i had was the linen on the beds and the towels. lets start with the towels, which i'm sure started out white a few years ago, which are now very off grey. The linen on the beds also felt very old and thin. The chapel was nice, as chapels go, the reception venue looked rather tired and the buffet as pretty gross. I was not impressed with the food quality. This establishment has a 4 star tourism grading which i feel it no longer deserves

Room Tip: get a room away from the corridor, less noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I held my wedding at Avianto in March of 2014 and it was amazing. The venue has such a great Mediterranean rustic-chic ambiance. My wedding coordinator, Alex Watermeyer, was an absolute sweetheart and was really helpful as I was organizing the wedding from overseas. My guests absolutely loved the food and thought it was an incredibly beautiful wedding. The hotel (honeymoon suite) was great and we enjoyed every minute of it. The grounds make for beautiful photo opportunities as well. It was certainly the most special day of my life.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muldersdrift
Forum Homini Hotel
#4 of 7 in Magaliesburg
Valverde Country Hotel
Valverde Country Hotel
#25 of 66 in Johannesburg

Been to Avianto? Share your experiences!