“A piece of heaven!”
Review of Avianto

Avianto
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Muldersdrift
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Having met my South African partner 6 and a half years ago in London I always knew that should we ever get married it would be in SA. What I didn't realise is that the place we'd end up marrying would quite simply be the most amazing, wonderful and romantic setting that is Avianto.

The staff there couldn't do enough for us, were always so helpful and would go above and beyond expectation at all times. Trying to plan a wedding from the UK whilst in the process of moving to Switzerland with family and friends in various countries was by no means an easy task, but with the help and dedication of the Avianto team it really was the best day my life!!

Not only is Avianto, in my opinion, the best place to get married in SA, it really is a fabulous place to visit, the food is divine, the hotel accomodation is stunning and the setting is truly breathtaking.

If you visit Johannesburg - make sure you pop over to Muldersdrift and visit Avianto!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We attended a wedding. It was one of the nicest weddings we have ever
attended. The atmosphere was so relaxed. There is this cute little piazza
area that leads off the rooms, so we all gathered there after the actual
wedding and enjoyed the evening around the fountain. We also experience a
great picnic along the river. The food was outstanding. Will definitely
return when I am next back in Jhb.
PS. I want to take the bed home - Haven't slept so well in years.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

What a find in the heart of Africa's busiest city. The sprawling lawns, tranquil setting and exception hote facilities left me so relaxed I could I have been in Tuscany! Deep in winter and after a hard day's conferencing, I returned to my heated room - it is a huge room, filled with exceptional touches, a gloriously huge bath and the best duvets money can buy! The food was delicious and the chef was very accommodating of the different orders placed at our table. The staff are very friendly, very helpful and very efficient. Only sorry I didnt getting married there...what a setting! A great stay for work or play.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2011

What a serene experience! I loved the peaceful, unintrusive atmosphere. The bed was so comfortable that I would've liked to take it home. Also liked the handmade basin in the bathroom.
Definitely would recommend going there again. In fact I will be back to see the " cradle of mankind" which I missed.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were warmly welcomed at reception. Jugs of juice/coffee were ready in the lounge, as well as chocolate brownies and other nice goodies.
I loved the private patio/garden with every room. The rooms were also spacious and the bathroom romantic, bath big enough for two.
The tree lined Crocodile river was a gentle sound in the background. Lots of well kept flowing gardens leading over a bridge to a Colf course (small golf course), where we had a wonderful party, fantastic eats and even refreshment points along the way as we played!
The softly lit arches of the banqueting hall made me feel as if I were a princess.
An altogether lovely experience, real value for money.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank eekpam
Reviewed July 4, 2011

i spent one night at Avianto - and am thrilled I was not stuck there longer. It looks beautiful on the website - but thats it. We had a two day conference.

The food was awful and the only way to get a drink in the resturant was to get up and go and fetch a waiter. The free wireless didn't work.

We had intermittant power surges during our session which is not great for the proxima.

There was a huge hole in the paving outside my room which was potentially very dangerous and not well marked.

The worst part of the experience was that the electricity in my room went off in the night. There was no way to get assistance and when I reported it the next mornign when there was someone at reception and it was light enough to walk there the staff thought it was funny. Frankly no electricity makes the room unbearably cold and resulted in me not having hot water. I requested another room - one with power and water and asked that the manager be told about this and come and see me in our conference venue. I was reluctantly given a room to shower in - but am still waitiing for a manager to address this and be aware that no one is around or contactable to sort these problems out.

An awful freezing cold experience - after poor food and lousy service - not a place I would recommend to anyone. The only pleasant memory I have is a tasty soup serves with morning tea.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed at Avianto for a night for a business event. Reception was wellcoming. My room had plenty of space and a pretty bathroom (separate small shower and toilet). I liked the 'natural luxury' decor and its many details (bouquet of lavendels) etc very much.
There was also an umbrella which came very handy as this was a stromy night.

The village was nearly deserted. The way it's build makes it nearly a perfect place for events, because the setup is beautiful and there is not much to do. Lots of romantic alleys, corners, winecellar and more little houses - very mediterranian look and feel allthough little too perfect to feel real.
The restaurant was open, staff was attentive and served good food. Except for one couple, I was the only guest in dining.
The place is surrounded by nature and next to a river. If I was to ask something it would have been a marked, lighted pathway around the village and its surroundings before any other amenities.
All in one, this was a positive experience and even though I doubt I will go back, would recommend to diffentent kind of events where you want to focus on the occasion and let the venue work as beautifl backdrop.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muldersdrift
Forum Homini Hotel
#4 of 7 in Magaliesburg
Valverde Country Hotel
Valverde Country Hotel
#25 of 66 in Johannesburg

Been to Avianto? Share your experiences!