Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve
$169.29*
and up
Cradle of Humankind Tour from Johannesburg
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the "Ostrich" self catering log cabin. It is well appointed with 2 bedrooms each with ensuite, kitchen and large deck with braai and jacuzzi that over looks the predator camp. You can hear the wild dogs yapping and lions roar at night and in the morning.

The animal crèche offers a great opportunity to interact with cheetah and lion cubs and to see the smaller the predators leopards and hyena.

I would recommend the rhino and lion park and definitely stay in the lug cabins as you can start your game drive early in the moving when all the animals are active.

1  Thank Nikki5555

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have visited the Reserve many, many times but this was our first experience of an overnight stay. We stayed in the log cabins for one night and it was WONDERFUL!. The cabin was fully equipped for self-catering and very comfortable. Jacuzzi on deck to watch sunset (or sunrise) was an added bonus. We went to sleep and woke up to the sounds of the lions roaring and even saw one from the deck! Birdlife was excellent. The cabins are designed so that they are private and our stay was wonderful - we will be back.
BUT they need to do something about their reservations ladies who are unfriendly and unhelpful - they go through the motions and do the bare minimum that their job require - very unpleasant dealing with them.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is another of those attractions that has built its product out considerably over the years. Its great to go there for the day and have a braai and game drives. It also has stay over facilities that look just great too. Seeing wild dogs, cheetahs, rhinos, lions and numerous types of antelope in one place so close to suburbia is so convenient, relaxing and fun. Its also where I have seen a number of birds for the first time, including their white backed vultures. What I don't really get though is why they have tigers and other non African wild life on the grounds but hey! Some people may find it interesting, so carry on. Its also an ideal attraction to take foreign visitors to.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We hired a driver to take us from Johannesburg to the nature reserve for the day. There was so much to see. We enjoyed the ride through the reserve and then watching the lions get fed. The price for park entrance was very reasonable. We also enjoyed petting the white lion cubs in the enclosed area as well as the gardens that are in the process of being developed.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hi

We went to the Rhino and Lions Park this weekend. While the park was very good overall, with a lot of animal sightings, the management could really pull up it's socks in terms of customer satisfaction.

Playing with cubs was really the highlight of the trip. There are four animals you can play with for 5 minutes for 30 rands per animal/person. We took tickets for white lions and cheetah for 4 guys.

The white lion interaction went very well, had a lot of fun playing with cubs, even got bitten by one :)

However, when we went to the cheetah enclosure, we were told that the tickets we just bought for 120 rands was invalid, and we would not be able to go into the cheetah enclosure.

The lady at the billing counter had just left too, since it was already past 4 PM, the closing time for billing counter.

I again tried talking to Herman in his office, but he told me that he was very busy, and would not be able to talk. I asked him when I can I come to talk to him, he said "After 2 hours".

I wonder what can be more important than ensuring that you customers are not cheated out of their money. The park on the whole is absolutely awesome, but it incidents like this which mar the experience.

If there is anyone from Rhino and Lion's Park willing to resolve this, I would be very grateful. I still have the ticket which was REFUSED BY THE MANAGEMENT AS INVALID.

Thanks.