“Sanlam”
Review of Crowthorne Lodge

Crowthorne Lodge
Ranked #9 of 61 Midrand B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there when i was on my fp1 course. The food was great. We always felt welcome. The rooms made us feel like we were at home. And there are nice big desks were we could study. Hope to stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dirk-A3, Owner at Crowthorne Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thanks a lot Coenie, great to have you guys here, see you with your next training.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Crowthorne Lodge, what can I say, well I have been staying in the lodge on and off for the last four year and have have enjoyed every minute of It. I have had the pleasure of knowing two of the best, down to earth, wonderful owners and and good friends Dirk and Adri. Why would anyone NOT want to stay in Midrands Hidden Gem. Apart from the owners the ammenities are up to five star standards with good food, swimming pool, dstv, spacious rooms, good security plently of parking, fully stocked bar, boma, conference facililites, etc the list is endless. Home away form Home is a common theme throughout other reviews and I can honestly concurr hence why when I am in Johannesburg I always return Home to the "The Crownthorne Lodge"

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thanks Bryan, I thought you found your hidden Gem in Botswana already haha ... you and Pearl has become family, thanks again for the kind words. x

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Crowthorne Lodge is, for me, a home away from home. I know it sounds like a cliche but in this case, the truth.

I've been staying at the lodge for a good period now and from day one I was made to feel at home with open communication with the owners, Dirk and Adri.

Nights in the bar area always are very social and fun, the food is genuine South African home cooking at its finest and there are catering arrangements for visitors with diverse cultural dietary requirements.

The rooms are air-conditioned, spacious and clean, what more can one ask for?

Room Tip: Any one of "Hotel wing" rooms. The wing being built at the moment also promises beautiful...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JakesKoen

Thanks Jakes, always better when you and Elmien is here. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at Crowthorne Lodge for a week. The owners, Dirk and Adri couldn't have been more hospitable. All other staff were welcoming and friendly. The rooms were clean, and there are some great outdoor spaces including balconies, gardens and a pool area. I found the breakfast at the lodge to be delicious. I only ate dinner in the lodge on two occasions. On one of these evenings I was served the biggest steak I'd ever seen - amazing!
Also enjoyed a few evenings drinking at the bar, where were were able to mix with other guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks Clare for the kind review, hope you're well.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Crowthorne Lodge is an amazing lodge, if have been here several times, i saw how this lodge grew.. i was there from the beginning and i can honestly say there is no better place. it's home away from home. The staff always makes you feel welcome and serves you the most delicious food. There is no other place i would recommend someone the stay.
With Dirk&Adri alway being there for the guest , the two kindest most loving people i have ever met. Thanx for the stay ,You guys will definitely see me again.
THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE !!

Room Tip: beautiful specious rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bianca5774
Dirk-A3, Owner at Crowthorne Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you Bianca, everybody just loved you here at the lodge, always so friendly, see you for your next training session.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was invited to stay a night at Crowthorne Lodge and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The accommodation is excellent. My husband and I slept in a nice big room, with a queen size bed, big screen TV, aircon, own bathroom and small kitchen area. Everything is neat and clean and have a warm and inviting feeling. We went to the bar/dining room area and met the friendliest people. We ended up spending most of the evening having a great time. The dinner was excellent and the next morning we had a wonderful breakfast. The hosts, Dirk & Adri are wonderful people and they make you feel right at home immediately. I will definitely visit again when the opportunity arises. I can sincerely say, it is worth the visit!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dirk-A3, Owner at Crowthorne Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Thank you for the revue. Thank you for your afford with the 21st, much appreciated.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The weekend I spent at Crowthorne Lodge started refreshingly friendly and accommodating. I was greeted and welcomed by the Crowthorne Lodge staff upon arrival. My room was very clean and consumables such as coffee and milk have already been laid out for my personal consumption. I enjoyed the delicious food that was prepared and also the great ambience of international entities meeting to gather as one friendly group of people. The evenings were extravagant and the mornings even more so. I will definitely recommend Crowthorne Lodge in the future because of their "homey" feeling and all the friendly faces!

Room Tip: Rooms are very spacious and accommodating and provide solace and privacy to those who want it. The e...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you Tiaan , always a pleasure with the Orange music clan, I think I had more fun than you guys. Looking forward to your next visit. Polish that guitar.