“Lovely homely Place”

Bag End Guest House B&B
Ranked #11 of 60 Midrand B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay with Sonia and her team.
Bag End is a hidden gem!
Ideal location just far enough away from downtown Midrand to rest in a family friendly atmosphere but close enough to access restaurants and shopping within a few minutes drive.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank julescranfield

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed in guest house for business trip. Staff very friendly and helpful. Accomodation was neat and tidy. Sonia very friendly and ensured all my needs were attended to. Can recommend as home away from home. Also enjoyed fact that all DSTV channels were available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tania L
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent guest house and hosts!
Sonia was very helpful right from the start of our stay. She and her staff were continuously attending to our needs and ensuring the best experience for us.
Sonia and Nic went out of their way to make us feel at home.
For us as a family this truly was a home away from home.
I cannot wait for my next trip so I can book a stay at Bag End.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rlerle
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at Bag End at the suggestion of a local colleague. I have stayed in a couple of other B&Bs in the Johannesburg area so was pleasantly surprised by this accommodation. The house is absolutely exquisite (reminding one of a French chalet), with grounds, fireplaces and an extremely friendly hostess who will do everything she can to meet your needs. You will need a car or transportation in order to get around J-burg from here, but this is not unusual for B&Bs in the area. This is truly beautiful B&B and even affordable. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Felisa T
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Hi,

It’s a short mail to say thanks for everything and hope that we will meet again.
The place is beautiful, very quiet, have a great breakfast and nice room with all the facilities.
I enjoyed a great 2 weeks in your place. The house is beautiful and very well equipped.
You and your husband were very friendly and extremely helpful, making me feel at home in the house.

Thanks again for everything
Daniel Zukerman

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Daniel Z
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Let us be honest, most bed and breakfast guest houses are basically the same - decent bed, good breakfast, convenient locations, etc. So what makes a B&B stand out from others - the people who run it. In our case, Sonia and her staff did whatever was in their power to make us feel at home. This is an outstanding B&B. We will stay again when we visit Johannesburg.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Robert G
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have had several visits to Bag End during the past two years - long & short stays. The tranquility & 'home from home' comfort is outstanding. A welcome awaits with every arrival.
'Bag End' is a comfortable travel distance from several main centers - which made this establishment the prefect practical choice.
I have no hesitation in recommending 'Bag End' as a 'first choice' stop-over while visiting or traveling to and from Gauteng area. I shall be back to this beautiful place of tranquility.

Room Tip: Each of the rooms have it's own magical quality - because my visits were on my own I preferred...