“Great for parents with little kids” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Papachinos - CLOSED

Papachinos
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great for parents with little kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The open plan setup outside is great, with full view of the play area. My 2 year old son loves it, there are slides and a track to ride their scooters, with a clown that makes balloon animals on the other side. The food is also very good and reasonably priced including the entertainment for the kids.

Depending on where you are seated, time of day or weather, the bees from adjacent nursery can be an extreme nuisnance though.

Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“Fabulous restaurant for a night out with loved ones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Looking for somewhere to go to, just to relax and enjoy a meal out with my better half. We were very impressed with the decor, and the ambiance was quite something, with a host of families and friends chatting over a glass of wine. The staff was very friendly and accommodating with the manager timeously asking us if we were comfortable and needed anything at all. The food was absolutely divine - I ordered grilled lamp chops and my partner a massive steak, which he did say was rather delectable. After a relaxing night out, we agreed to be back soon enough, and perhaps try the branch in Fourways. Very impressed :)

Sydney, Australia
“Great for families and friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Catering for young kids allowing adults to chill and enjoy the weather and good food.
Kids can bake their own pizzas as well in the kids section.

Visited March 2013
Howden, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS FAMILY RESTAURANT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went to this restaurant twice during my 10 day stay in Johannesburg and was not disappointed. The food was really good and value for money. The staff were friendly and efficient and they have 'minders' for children who want to play in the outdoor play area, which is a great idea. One tip - do book if you want a table over a public holiday or weekends as it is an extremely popular place.

2 Thank GogoGill
Johannesburg
“Bad attitude from Manager and not accomadating at all.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

On Saturday 04/5/2013, I came to Papachino’s for lunch around 14:00.
I did not have a reservation as I did not know this was you so –called policy on weekends and public holidays according to Dimitri.
I am extremely appalled at how I was treated by Dimitri who is the reservations manager.
Firstly I arrived with a friend and we have 2 one year olds, I drove from centurion to meet a friend there only to be told we could not enter as her had booking till 4.
First im not an unreasonable person, my husband’s owns 4 franchises , so I know how this works.
I asked Dimitri if it was possible for him to accommodate us as we have 2 little kids and they very hungry , he plain down turns me away and says, sorry theres noticing I can do to help you, next time, make a booking …I explained that I was just there on Wednesday ( 1 May ..Public holiday ) and I didn’t have a booking so where does this policy come from all off a sudden, and I told him im prepared to wait since I didn’t want to pack these 2 kids up again and try to look for another restaurant.
He was rude and said sorry maam, you have to leave , you not the 1st person I have turned away.
I then left the shop, I went back in a few minutes later only to find him, bashing me to another manager, this is unexceptable.
I walked through the shop, there were at least 5 tables without reserve signs or hats on it…there was no queue at the door and no one waiting to be seated nor were there any cars drving in one after the other for him not to seat us.

I really don’t believe this was fair treatment and that there was NOTHING he could do to accommodate us.
If this is how you treat people then we will be happy to never return again,
I can understand the policy when you are busy but the shop was not that busy and I saw plenty of tables available.

It really makes me sick to think you have a person like Dimitri treating customers this way and his attitude is terrible.
Maybe you have a policy that you don’t welcome more business…

• 1 of 5 bubbles