“The best place to stay in Joburg!!!”

Ipe Tombe Guest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 59 Midrand B&B and Inns
Cape Town
“The best place to stay in Joburg!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

for the 3rd year running , my team of 10 stayed at Ipi Tombe.
to Pat....Just to say thanks, and big thanks!!!

You are the best… you really went the whole 10 yards to look after us.
Outstanding accom, outstanding dinners!!!
Please consider our booking confirmed for next year… dates TBA

Rgds, Charles
Charles and the gang

Room Tip: Room3 has a huge bath cnr bath tub
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ipetombe, Owner at Ipe Tombe Guest Lodge, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and for your generosity to our staff. Really I don't know who had more fun ... we enjoyed hosting your group so much. Can't wait till next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had the priviledge of staying at Ipe Tombe twice over an 8 day period and both times were quite pleaseurable. Their location is quiet and green, located in a gated equestrian community. I fouond the rooms spacious and comfortable. The lodge grounds and local streets safe to walk around. Staff were as accommodating as one could possibly be. The overall experience was of significant value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Richard Z
ipetombe, Owner at Ipe Tombe Guest Lodge, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Do hope you manage to come back again to our amazing country and explore more.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I travel about 50% of my time globally for business, and to South Africa between 2 - 3 times per year. While I normally stay at large hotel chains in other locations, when I travel to Joburg I continually choose Ipe Tombe. It is one of the few places where I can relax after a long day.

The rooms are very comfortable, the internet is reliable and the breakfast is extensive. Even when I am working late, if I get hungry they are always willing to make a light snack to keep me going. For those of us who enjoy a run in the morning or evening, Ipe Tombe is located within a gated community. So you can actually go for a run on the community road with very few cars and in a safe environment. They even have an extensive movie selection for those who need more relaxation (all free!).

The staff are friendly and attentive to all needs. I highly recommend Ipe Tombe, both for business and leisure travel.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ipetombe, Owner at Ipe Tombe Guest Lodge, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your encouragement..... looking forward to seeing you again when you are next visiting this part of the world.
Luderitz, Namibia
Reviewed March 24, 2011

What an absolutely awesome place to stay, what amazing people and what sublime surroundings. You cannot say that you are in (Jo'burg) Midrand !! Thank you Pat, Bob and Barbara for being such special people with such great big hearts. Your guesthouse is marvellous !

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LindaLooser
Guildford, Surrey, UK
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Having just come back from a week at Ipe Tombe Guest Lodge, I can quite honestly say that it is one of the friendliest places I have ever stayed. The staff, Pat, Bob and Barbara went out of their way to make my stay very comfortable. I was in the Johannesburg area on business and also managed to visit an old school friend nearby at the weekend. The Ipe Tombe facilities are extremely comfortable, the food delicious and varied, and I was given everything I needed for a relaxing stay. The pool was very enticing and I was only sorry that pressure of work prevented me from using it more often!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Pretoria, Centurion
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Our stay at Ipe Tombe Guest Lodge was such a blessing, Pat ,Bob, and Barbara our chef, thank you so much for treating us like a King and Queen, We found a place 20 minutes from our home in Centurion that took us away deep in the heartfelt of Love and caring. I am in the customer care business, The Hospitality took my breath away, the food was awesome, the room was outstanding. I recommend IPE TOMBE GLOBALLY, come see for yourself.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Beautiful garden, quiet surrounding and cosy interior. Service was very personal . Pat and her team were extremely attentive. Thank you Pat and also to your team for making my stay so memorable. I hope to return to Jo'burg one day and certainly to Ipe Tombe Guest Lodge if I do.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business