“Top service”
Review of Blue Mango Lodge

Blue Mango Lodge
Ranked #1 of 68 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was stuck at Oliver Rambo and desperately needed somewhere to rest while waiting for a transfer flight. The help desk recommended the blue mango as it was reasonably priced comparatively, and I must say, I'm glad they did. The rooms were clean with good showers, but what made it exceptional was the service from the owner who picked me up promptly, was warm and hospitable from the first moment until he dropped me off (on time).
Great job.
Keep up the great service.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Stevie D, Owner at Blue Mango Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Blue Mango.
We believe that people everywhere should not accept poor service, it is the absolute right of a customer to be treated with respect and made to feel special. Consistently adhering to this mantra has given Blue Mango something of a reputation for service excellence. Highlighting it in your review makes us feel very proud. Thank you once more, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my one night stay in this place. The staff is very nice and accommodating. From the moment he picked me at OR Tambo till I said goodbye to him when he dropped me in the morning, it was a nice experience. I wish to be there again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Josiah A
Stevie D, Owner at Blue Mango Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Hi Josiah,

Thank you for your kind words. Blue Mango would love to count you amongst the growing number of returning customers.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

After 7 nights in SUN1 in Cape Town-I flew back to Johannesburg.Not knowing what to do before my connecting flight to Frankfurt-I just felt the urged to get out of the airport and find a place for the night....BLUE MANGO LODGE was then introduced to me at the airport information counter.The british owner Stevie came to pick me up and drove me to the lodge.It was a 15 or 30 mins. ride from OR TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.And with R55 for each night including breakfast the whole deal was worth the price.Unfortunately,the swimming pool is not done yet so I could not enjoy its premises.And my room looks like a royal decorated style.Stevie informed me then that his wife Daisy did the knitting and styling.It was impressive.I hope I`d have the chance to visit the lodge again in Johannesburg and I suggest others to share their experienced as well.

Room Tip: Either travelling alone or with someone I`d prefer the double king size bed
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Diana B
Stevie D, Owner at Blue Mango Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Diana,

Thank you so much for the sterling review of our guest lodge.
We try very hard to add value to our guests stay and make everyone feel special.

Just to clarify a couple of points, Blue Mango is 12 minutes from O.R.Tambo Intl airport and my wife Daisy makes all the linen and pillows out of Egyptian cotton.

We really appreciate your feedback, it gives us an additional spring in our step.

Stevie Davies

Reviewed July 2, 2014

More than the usual experience when flying in late to Johannesburg before flying onto other locations in South Africa. The common eating area works very well, making it far more sociable than the usual sit by yourself breakfast experiences at other lodges that I've stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we look forward to hosting you again when next in Johannesburg.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Missed our flight out of Johannesburg. Someone at airport recommended the Blue Mango. Steve picked us up - very friendly and informative. Had a common eating area where one felt at home (included a well stocked bar) - met guests from all over the world. Went running in the morning - felt safe. That was followed by a full English breakfast, which was superb. Since out flight was later that evening, Steve hooked us up with one of his friends who took us to the "Cradle of Humankind". Steve & Daisy provided us with a delightful experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Tim and Family,

Thank you very much for the great review and thank you once more for the sending us copies of the photos you took of our daughter "Whitecloud" it really is appreciated.

Stevie, Daisy and Whitecloud

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed for a couple of days and chose Blue Mango mostly due to location. We did not want to stay at the extremely overpriced airport hotels but didn't want to go into town due to location of our business activities. Stevie (the owner along with his wife Daisy) were very accommodating. It's a perfectly good, clean accommodation but it's a guesthouse, not a hotel. Be sure to book a room with ensuite bath or you'll be inconvenienced by going down the hall. Very clean, good breakfast served at your convenience. Location a bit tricky if you are driving in. Free pickup from the airport offered.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Stevie D, Manager at Blue Mango Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for reviewing Blue Mango Lodge on Trip Advisor, your insights are highly valued and appreciated.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Well, where do I start. Pick up and drop off included in room price. The lodge gave me a country feeling. Fantastic food. Awesome service. Steve and Daisy definitely outshined my gexpectations.The rooms are comfortable and a person can easily forget they in jhb. So much energy flowing.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank 605Mel

Dear Mel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Blue Mango. We loved the words "energy flowing"