“Now we have a home in JHB!”
Review of Blue Mango Lodge

Blue Mango Lodge
Ranked #1 of 66 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Now we have a home in JHB!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

When we got to OR Tambo on the 22nd of December, we realized that where we were supposed to stay wasn't that close and nobody was coming to pick us up and our flight was early the next day and we had spent money we didn't budget and we were very grumpy and we decided we'll stay at the airport. I just thought I would ask at the information desk. The first person we were refereed to said they would not provide breakfast for us since we were leaving very early and I asked the guy at the help desk to find somewhere else and he found us Superman Steve! He came picked us up late at night, put us in one of the most beautiful room and as early as 6am woke up and made breakfast for us himself!!!!! All at a good price! Steve, thank you! We had an awesome trip to Nigeria and we are back in Cape Town and we have talked about you and Blue Mango to whoever cares to listen! You would see us again soon!

Shaun & Joy

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joyvirtue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed January 21, 2014

When I first arrived at the airport in JoBurg I wasn’t in the greatest mood, as I knew that I had to wait for another 23 hours for my flight connection. I had no clue how I should bridge that time. Finally, I decided to walk to the information desk to ask if there was a place that I could stay at. The man dialed a number and shortly after there was Stevie, a friendly looking man. The price was 590 Rand per night, which included accommodation, breakfast, wifi and a shuttle back and forth to the airport. A great deal I thought to myself but still a bit sceptical waiting for the catch. Let me spoil the end already: there was no catch! The place was beautiful bringing along tranquility with its beautiful flora. Blue Mango really made me forget all the hectic rush at the airport. The next day when I left Blue Mango I felt the warmth of the hosts. Stevie and his family don’t just own a lodge that is used for guests. I could tell that it wasn’t just about making money for them but about making their guests feel welcome - a very special place indeed. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Zorana S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Thank you Steve and Daisy. We were so happy to find you after arriving at OR Tambo airport. It was so relaxing to wander around the gardens and rest after travelling. The room was perfect and we felt like we were visiting friends as we felt so welcome. Mike and Mosima

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank michael W
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Thank you so much Steve and Daisy for coming to my rescue. After travelling for 18-hours with two small grandchildren I arrived at OT Airport only to find out that I missed the check in time for my flight to Port Elizabeth by 5-mins. due to the late arrival of luggage. I was a bit hesitant when the airport staff recommended your lodge, but so glad they did. Within in minutes you were there and took care of everything. Thank you for getting us back to the airport the following morning to catch the 6am flight. Your hospitality beats anything you will get at a 5-Star Hotel. Kids loved the well maintained grounds and I enjoyed a lovely glass of wine in your boma, plus the long chat with Daisy ... felt like I was a long lost friend.
Keep up the good work and I recommend your B&B to everyone, especially my colleagues and friends travelling from the UK.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Heather K
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

A Southern African oasis with lovely gardens, friendly staff make you feel welcome and the food to die for. Steve and Daisy are a very professional team, honest and ever so hard working making you feel at home. The Lodge is serene, secured and warm with loads of tranquil gardens to walk and refresh in the cool Sun. Steve has his son Christian who helps out and you feel very well looked after...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank malvern k
Merredin, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I and my Family had the most relaxing Stay at the Blue Mango. We got picked up at the Airport. Steve and Daisy are very Professional, Honest and Friendly. Once we got to the Lodge, we just felt Home. The place is so serene, Secured and Warm. There is so much space for Kids to run around in the well maintained and well manicured gardens and Lawns.
Steve and Daisy make you feel so welcome and will customise your stay to your satisfaction. Their rooms are so tidy, cosy and homely. They will arrange anything you ask with your safety and comfort in mind. We had the most relaxing and awesome start to our vacation while we stayed there. And we recommend this place to anyone anyday and at any time of the year. The place has a real feel and touch of Africa, the meals you eat are hearty. The staff are both professional and friendly. For a relaxed, family friendly and secure place to stay thats got so much to offer go Blue Mango and you will find Steve and Daisy Ready to Entertain you!!!

Room Tip: Just Ask for a Room that meets your needs