“African nightmare”
Review of African Dreams B&B

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kempton Park
African Dreams B&B
Ranked #49 of 68 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Before reading this review and dismissing as a grumpy old man with nother better to do ... note I travelled in a group of 4, all under 30, and we even stayed in rooftop tents ... thus i am not so hard to please.

That said, if you are staying in Jo'berg ... stay elswhere! I won't bore you with the details, however some highlights:

- Polluted pool ... it was green
- no initernet available
- Quick drink at the bar before heading out ... no deal - no drinks
- Seemed unsafe due to the many random people walking around - seemingly friends of the manager
- My friends had to change rooms in the middle of the night due to a leaking ceeling ... and not just a few drips!

The only positive of this place is that its close to the airport (about 10 mins driving). However, I would seriously advise that you stay somewhere else unless you have no other choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Michael P
AfricanDreams2013, General Manager at African Dreams B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Michael,
Thank you for your review. I have just joined Trip Advisor and saw your review. I appreciate your insight, all be it negative for me or the guest house. Please see below the response I sent the Family 5 days after their departure!
Kind Regards
Suzanne

2013/2/5 African Dreams B&B

Dear Valerie and Family!

What a disaster of a stay! I do not know where to start apologising and where to stop……..
1. Unfortunately our Internet had been off since the day before, and due to the lack of urgency on their side, it was only connected again on Thurs 1 Feb in the afternoon ! So 1st of all I would like to apologise for the inconvenience in that regard!
2. Regarding the roof leak – I don’t know how to apologise to that. The contractors where here just the week before and assured us that the roof had been fixed. After I had received the phone call from you that the room was leaking AGAIN, I phoned him immediately to report this unacceptable incidence!!!!!
3. I contacted Noel(my Nightshift Manager) and asked him to move you, as I did not want you to get more wet than you had already been – so it was on my instruction that you were moved!
4. I have discounted your stay with R 500, and therefore the account is R 1000, instead of R 1500, as was confirmed. I hop this meet your needs. Please let me know, if I may use your credit card number that was supplied at the booking stage.

Kind Regards