Before reading this review and dismissing as a grumpy old man with nother better to do ... note I travelled in a group of 4, all under 30, and we even stayed in rooftop tents ... thus i am not so hard to please.
That said, if you are staying in Jo'berg ... stay elswhere! I won't bore you with the details, however some highlights:
- Polluted pool ... it was green
- no initernet available
- Quick drink at the bar before heading out ... no deal - no drinks
- Seemed unsafe due to the many random people walking around - seemingly friends of the manager
- My friends had to change rooms in the middle of the night due to a leaking ceeling ... and not just a few drips!
The only positive of this place is that its close to the airport (about 10 mins driving). However, I would seriously advise that you stay somewhere else unless you have no other choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arriving on the late night flights from Amsterdam or Kenya, or departing on the early morning flights to Zanzibar or Durban, our 24 hour check-in / check-out makes this the perfect overnight stay. Add to that our transfers to and from the airport, and you have very convenient, hassle free accommodation.Set in a beautifully landscaped garden this small, intimate guesthouse will cater for all your needs, be it business or pleasure.Should the weather be right African Dreams offers you magnificent views of airplanes taking off from Oliver Tambo International Airport, which is merely 10 minutes away. ... more less