“Excellent in every aspect!”
Review of Platia

Platia
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Kempton Park
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Platia on a number of occasions.

We were not once disappointed by the excellent level of service or the food. The restaurant has a authentic Greek ambience with the appropriate Greek music to complete the experience. We love Greece and every time we step into this restaurant we feel transformed into a Greek tavern.

The menu is extensive and well priced. The wine list is equally extensive. I usually have fillet steak with is always perfectly prepared to order, mouthwatering and melt in the mouth tender. I can also highly recommend the kleftiko (lamb shank). Portion sizes are good - you will not leave hungry.

The smoking area is quite big and very well ventilated - you wont feel like sitting at an airport smoking area:).

Efkharisto (thank you) to every friendly staff member for contributing to a memorable dinner each and every time! Jamas (cheers) till next time!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My lamb was exceptional as was everyone's food. Our service was above exceptional. One of our group got caught up in the moment and threw a real plate. Warning, the table plates have a totally different sound when breaking. It is hard to give a $$ amount to this restaurant as we were spending American dollars with a 10-1 exchange rate. We as a group of eight (8) ate well and were very happy!

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The starter platter was great, choose five starters off the menu and enjoy mezze style.
My main course chicken Slovakia was also good however my dinning partner wasn't impressed with there option of the half chicken.
It's slightly Greek but has a lot of South African influence in the menu, so not that authentic.
To sum it up my dishes were very good however it quite clearly depends what you choose the dishes aren't that consistent. High note got to be great hummus!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This excellent restaurant was such fun. There was a belly dancer & plate throwing and really, the best Greek food by far that we've had in JHB and the most pleasant, well trained / experienced staff. Also, the owner who is really very friendly, was present all the time checking to see that all was running smoothly. I would confidently recommend this restaurant for any occasion.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

W had a wonderful three course meal, the starter was excellent, the main course outstanding and the pudding mouth tempting, the wine was cold and the friendlyness of the manager and caterers is superb. If you need to impress someone take them to lunch at the Patia.