Had a three-day stay at the beginning of July, and will agree with other posters, it is an excellent airport hotel very convenient for the terminal. I found the staff helpful, attentive and friendly.
Although the rooms are expensive they are large, and very nicely appointed. I requested a non-smoking room but ended up with a smoking room, although you couldn't tell.
The meals and drinks were good value (in comparison to the room rate).
Now the downside, when I checked out a colleague paid my bill. However when I returned to the UK, my credit card company contacted me to say the hotel had deducted £800.00 from my card, and there had been several other attempts to use the card fraudulently, including booking of flights.
I contacted the duty manager, who promised to look into the matter. I received an email to inform me that the hotel had cancelled the charge but couldn't comment on the other transactions and to let them know if I wanted to make an official complaint (which I did). I have not heard anymore about it since, and at no time have I received an apology.
The only time my credit card left my wallet during my stay in South Africa was when I checked in at this hotel. Beware!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport is a safe and highly convenient hotel only 68.7 metres (225-foot) walk from the International Arrivals hall at Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and is your ideal and hassle-free stopover for onward Southern African destinations, Game Reserves, Victoria Falls & Cape Town. Perfectly located for business and a 14-minute train ride from the Sandton CBD, the hotel facilities include free unlimited Wi-Fi, Business Centre, Health Spa, complimentary gym, swimming pool and DVD library. Guests love our large showers with massage showerheads and the ample natural light flowing from the floor to ceiling windows. In-room flight information allows you to time and plan your onward journeys from the comfort of your room. Soundproofed rooms, blackout curtains, king beds and fluffy duvets ensure you enjoy a great sleep experience. Quills Restaurant, open 24 hours daily, offers contemporary African dining, indoors or on the terrace. Winner of the 2015 Best Airport Hotel in Africa Award by Skytrax World Airport Awards and refurbished in 2015, the hotel offers the most sophisticated airport accommodations on the African Continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Hotel Kempton Park