1,533 results
All reviewsquills restaurantnespresso machinetop floorlong flightinternational arrivalsarrivals hallexecutive roommain terminaltambo airportnext morninghour flightyour luggagesouth africaroom servicebetween flightsbaggage claimterminal building
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

This is a good intercontinental if you need to stay at the airport. Good rooms and generally good staff. Poor view but fine for a night. However my major concern is being charged for additional rooms after I had checked out. My receipt has no email address and it’s impossible to contact hotel directly. Very disappointing. I still haven’t had a refund.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank JKlondon09
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Dear Mr JKlondon09
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologise for the situation and the way it was handled. Please may you contact me that I can ensure that this is resolved immediately on Sonia.carreira@icairport.com. I do hope that we can resolve the concern soonest and that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

We had a 24 hour period to cover between a flight arriving from Zanzibar and a flight returning to Australia and this hotel fitted the bill perfectly. After a long tiring day of travelling via Tanzania, it was a pleasure to walk 5 minutes from the arrival gates of OR Tambo Airport to a welcoming reception staff at the hotel. We confirmed late check out for the next day ( an additional fee of $AUS 100 which gave us to 4pm ) and proceeded to our room. It had a very comfortable King Size bed, quality fittings and a marble tiled bathroom with bath, shower and separate toilet, and was spacious and clean. It was remarkably quiet and dark to sleep in considering the proximity to the airport.

We enjoyed dinner, and breakfast and the next day's lunch in the hotel restaurant. The standard of food and service was high. We chose to have lunch on the terrace at the front where you overlooked a lovely garden, yet with the airport entrance just across the way. We did some gift shopping at the airport at one stage because we had previously seen the sights of Jo'berg. Overall it was a very relaxing way to end a sometimes hectic holiday. It was topped off by the porter, on our walk to fly out that evening, kindly taking our luggage into the airport and all the way to the check in area.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jayne4d

Dear jayne4d
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our elegantly appointed rooms where we focused on comfort and quality and all of the offerings and services our property offers. Thank you for taking the time to recommend my property and for the lengthy review on my property and for recognising the professional and memorable service that you received, it is warming to know that my team have made you stay both a success as well as memorable. Thank you once again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

This was my second stay at this hotel, and it still offers comfort, convenience and good service. Though not a cheap option, I will continue to stay here when I need an overnight at the airport as I know that my stay will be comfortable and restful, and the staff will do their best.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Dear diverdoc
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

We had a cancelled flight and SSA had to acomodate us in the Intercontinental. The hotel is just across the street from the airport, it took us 5 minutes from SAA check in to the hotel lobby.
Check in process took a while but we got a very nice room (be aware that they have smoking rooms).
We had dinner at the restaurant and it was great, both food and service. Breakfast is served at the same restaurant and it has both a-la-carte and buffet options, both were great.
If you have an early flight out from JNB that is for sure the best hotel you can stay.

Room Tip: If you don´t smoke, be sure to get a non smoking room
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank garthurreview

Dear garthurreview

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 10pm and had an 11 am departure the next morning. This was the perfect spot. We walked, it was quite beautiful and very peaceful. Nice breakfast the next morning to send us off. When we arrived we found we needed a converter. The hotel staff could not have been nicer or faster. After a long day of travel it was a nice to have staff who were so attentive.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Dear Jeff A