By far the best “airport hotel”. Stayed overnight to catch a connecting flight. The hotel was conveniently located just outside the front of the airport easily seen from the entrance of the airport. A minute's walk and you are there! No annoying shuttle buses!
Check in was quick and efficient. The room was modern and clean and was average in size. Bathroom was of a good size with a separate bath complimented by good amenities.
Bed was comfortable with nice pillows. Hotel provided a Nespresso machine and complimentary water which was much appreciated.
A bonus was the heated pool on the top floor with great views. There was a spa as well. Booked in for a massage and the therapist was gentle and well trained. The change room also had a steam room as well so it was a perfect stopover hotel to re-charge for our onward journey the next day.
We had dinner at the restaurant on the ground floor. The menu was comprehensive and the food delicious. Unfortunately it was a busy night and the food service was slow. We appreciated the fact that the Maître d’ came to apologize and kept us informed.
Check out again was seemless and the hotel porter accompanied us directly to the counter of Federal Air, our connecting flight. This was unexpected and much appreciated.
Overall one of the best overnight stay that I have experienced. Terrific staff, very professional. Don't look anywhere else! Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport is a safe and highly convenient hotel only 68.7 metres (225-foot) walk from the International Arrivals hall at Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and is your ideal and hassle-free stopover for onward Southern African destinations, Game Reserves, Victoria Falls & Cape Town. Perfectly located for business and a 14-minute train ride from the Sandton CBD, the hotel facilities include free unlimited Wi-Fi, Business Centre, Health Spa, complimentary gym, swimming pool and DVD library. Guests love our large showers with massage showerheads and the ample natural light flowing from the floor to ceiling windows. In-room flight information allows you to time and plan your onward journeys from the comfort of your room. Soundproofed rooms, blackout curtains, king beds and fluffy duvets ensure you enjoy a great sleep experience. Quills Restaurant, open 24 hours daily, offers contemporary African dining, indoors or on the terrace. Winner of the 2015 Best Airport Hotel in Africa Award by Skytrax World Airport Awards and refurbished in 2015, the hotel offers the most sophisticated airport accommodations on the African Continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Hotel Kempton Park