This was my second stay at the Intercontinental. Both times I was completely exhausted. It is without doubt a luxury hotel. The reception staff went out of their way to streamline my registration. The rooms are extremely comfortable and well appointed. The bathrooms are nicely designed and the beds very comfortable with the finest linen. The rooms are soundproofed and I had a good night's sleep. I walked into departures moments after leaving the hotel. The proximity of the hotel to the departure gate enabled me to get at least an extra half an hours sleep. The gym upstairs has magnificent views and is well equipped. I didn't have breakfast this trip as I left on a very early flight. My previous experience of breakfast at this hotel was memorable with food that was definitively South African presented as haute cuisine. If I'm ever in a position where I have to overnight in Johannesburg and catch a morning flight this will be my first choice. Kudos to all the staff for making my stay exemplary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport is a safe and highly convenient hotel only 68.7 metres (225-foot) walk from the International Arrivals hall at Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and is your ideal and hassle-free stopover for onward Southern African destinations, Game Reserves, Victoria Falls & Cape Town. Perfectly located for business and a 14-minute train ride from the Sandton CBD, the hotel facilities include free unlimited Wi-Fi, Business Centre, Health Spa, complimentary gym, swimming pool and DVD library. Guests love our large showers with massage showerheads and the ample natural light flowing from the floor to ceiling windows. In-room flight information allows you to time and plan your onward journeys from the comfort of your room. Soundproofed rooms, blackout curtains, king beds and fluffy duvets ensure you enjoy a great sleep experience. Quills Restaurant, open 24 hours daily, offers contemporary African dining, indoors or on the terrace. Winner of the 2015 Best Airport Hotel in Africa Award by Skytrax World Airport Awards and refurbished in 2015, the hotel offers the most sophisticated airport accommodations on the African Continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Hotel Kempton Park