1,536 results
All reviewsquills restaurantnespresso machinetop floorlong flightinternational arrivalsarrivals hallexecutive roommain terminaltambo airportnext morninghour flightyour luggagesouth africaroom servicebetween flightsbaggage claimterminal building
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed for one night the inter con OR Tambo, as always the hotel never fails to impress you, great dinner selection, great wine selection, especially for an overnight stop over. Breakfast tops it all... Absolute 5 star luxury for a price off course. Will always be my stop over hotel with its ideal location at the airport.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AndrewDavidson, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Good Morning Dax C and Thank You for taking some time out of your busy day in order to post some feedback regarding our hotel on Trip Advisor - appreciated. We are so pleased to read that we are your home away from home when visiting South Africa and that you will be visiting us time and time again - a huge Thank You for your support. Keep well and hope to see you soon again. Regards, Andrew Davidson, General Manager.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Like others, I have to agree that this is the best airport hotel I have ever stayed at. 24 hour room service accommodates arrivals and departures at all times and they have the fastest room service I have ever experienced. I wasn't feeling well one night and asked for a clear soup and the chef himself rang me to discuss my needs and made a bowl of soup, just for me! There are 3 types of plugs at the room desk so you will not need a specific South African plug adapter. The room is large enough and the bathroom is beautiful and spacious. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Also, being next to an airport you want to be sure you won't hear or feel planes taking off and landing, airport traffic etc. This is one of the quietest hotels I have ever stayed in, both internal and external so no complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AndrewDavidson, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Good Evening JMW66 and Thank You for taking some time out of your day in order to post feedback on Trip Advisor regarding our lovely hotel. I am sure by now you are feeling much better, and I am glad the Chef could assist you with a good Soup, in order to assist with your healing process. Hope it won't be too long before your next visit, keep well, regards, Andrew Davidson, General Manager.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

To finish off our trip to Botswana, we returned to JNB to catch the South Africa Airways flight to NYC. We chose the Intercon because of the location right next to the airport arrivals area. Might have been 100 steps to the front door. The service was awesome, the decor in the public area and the guest rooms was extremely upscale and comfortable. The meal quality was far above the average hotel, and on par with other good restaurants in South Africa. The sound proofing was a++. we slept perfectly, enjoyed the walk in showers, and excellent service. When we wanted to travel, all we need to do was walk to the upper level of the airport and catch the high speed train. The concierge on duty the night of my departure went out of here way to deliver my Ipad to airport security for me to pick up. Her name was Michelle, and does credit to her profession and the Intercontinental Hotel.

Room Tip: Great airport hotel. I asked for a quiet room, and our room looked at the terminal on the 4th floor. It was quiet.... What more can you ask for at a 5 star hotel at an airport?
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
AndrewDavidson, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Good Morning Comfortlux and Thank You for taking the time to post some feedback regarding your recent stay with us a our lovely hotel - really appreciated. I am so glad that we managed to get your Ipad back to you before you flight. Hope you'll visit us soon again, keep well, kind regards, Andrew Davidson, General Manager.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed for a weekend again and once again it was a great stay. The rooms are really the best in the business. The only problem this time for me was the service in the bar/lounge area in the evening, was very slow when the bar is actually a very small area and I kept having to get up to call a waiter and when I wanted the bill, well they had to go searching for our waiter, this could really be improved as it is not a huge area to service. Other than that the hotel is superb and reception staff and breakfast staff were great.
P.S. I stayed away from the Spa as I had my worst experience there ever my last trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AndrewDavidson, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Good Evening Leon L and Thank You for taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our rooms - appreciated. With regards to the "attentive" service in our Restaurant and Bar - I do apologise - and will ensure that we remedy the lack of speed and attention immediately. Hope to see you soon again, kind regards, Andrew Davidson, General Manager.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Was a long-staying guest over 4-6 weeks given some work nearby, and the hotel was exceptional. Great location for the terminal + very personalized service from the staff, who got to know us and tailor services + surprise gifts based on our preferences, even if mentioned only in passing. Highly recommended if you need to be near Kempton Park or OR Tambo airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Good Evening Cottonian, and Thank You for the wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to have you with us for such an extended period of time, and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that we will have the pleasure of your company once again, in the not too distant future. Kind Regards, Andrew Davidson, General Manager.