1,536 results
All reviewsquills restaurantnespresso machinetop floorlong flightinternational arrivalsarrivals hallexecutive roommain terminaltambo airportnext morninghour flightyour luggagesouth africaroom servicebetween flightsbaggage claimterminal building
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Great hotel, walking distance to Tambo Airport in Joburg, you literally just walk across the arrivals area and you're there! Very clean and the bathroom is awesome. Great coffee machine in each room! Concierge was very helpful in our duty free selection. You get what you pay for with this classy hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Because of stop over from Amsterdam to Port Elizabeth I stayed in Intercontinental Tambo Airport. It was a very nice experience, but because of late arrival and early flight in the morning I only experienced my room. However, room was very comfortable. Because of my short stay costs per hour was quite high.

Will extend my stay during next vist.

Ole Sindberg

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Lovely hotel - good rooms and bathrooms and good available eating areas with bar and swimming pool. Very expensive though.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2011

My wife and I had a terrible connection from Cairo to Asia via Jo'Burg. We arrived in Jo'burg at 10am and having already booked a room at the Intercontinental, we thought we would try our luck at a very early check in. We were greeted at the front desk and to our pleasant surprise we were handed our room key. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean with a great shower and bed. Everything you need for a long stopover.

Every member of staff were friendly and always had a smile on their face. The bar and restaurant were fantastic and pretty good value for a top end hotel. (Try the ostrich).

Cannot fault our stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent - Maybe ask for a room with a balcony (Only one per floor)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank plugga_syd
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Its a bit long overdue because i stayed here for a week in May.As my title suggests, the staff are very friendly n made it a point to address me by name. Maybe its because I was there to run a business conference as well but nonetheless, staff went out of their way to make sure everything was seamless n smooth. They even threw in a complimentary wine n cheese session at the end. Will come back very soon as unlike other five stars hotel, I could feel a homely warmth as well.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Herman_Zaidin
WeCareWeAct, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear Mr. Zaidin,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay and experience.
I am very happy to read that we have managed to create great memories for you in an airport environment, and the Team and I look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Best regards,