Stayed here after a trip in the Okavango Delta, having a 24 hour wait for a flight home to Australia. The rooms were wonderful - comfy, great products in the bathroom, lindt chocolates bedside with the turndown service. Staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. And the location was splendid for just wandering across the road from the airport. Internet access was included, and it was fast and reliable.
The one issue was with meals. Quills were incredibly slow with dinner, then forgot to bring one dish. They attempted to bring it after everyone else had finished, by which stage we were exhausted, and just wanted to go to bed (and the person with the missing meal, me, had eaten the salad). Also, there were more vegetarian options on the room service menu than on the restaurant, which was surprising and disappointing. Room service breakfast the next morning was also different from what had been ordered.
I've stayed here before, and will stay again. Wish they'd sort out the kitchen, though. It was the one hiccup during the last stay, too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport is a safe and highly convenient hotel only 68.7 metres (225-foot) walk from the International Arrivals hall at Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and is your ideal and hassle-free stopover for onward Southern African destinations, Game Reserves, Victoria Falls & Cape Town. Perfectly located for business and a 14-minute train ride from the Sandton CBD, the hotel facilities include free unlimited Wi-Fi, Business Centre, Health Spa, complimentary gym, swimming pool and DVD library. Guests love our large showers with massage showerheads and the ample natural light flowing from the floor to ceiling windows. In-room flight information allows you to time and plan your onward journeys from the comfort of your room. Soundproofed rooms, blackout curtains, king beds and fluffy duvets ensure you enjoy a great sleep experience. Quills Restaurant, open 24 hours daily, offers contemporary African dining, indoors or on the terrace. Winner of the 2015 Best Airport Hotel in Africa Award by Skytrax World Airport Awards and refurbished in 2015, the hotel offers the most sophisticated airport accommodations on the African Continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Hotel Kempton Park