“Dream Weekend”

Peermont Metcourt Hotel at Emperors Palace
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We LOVED our stay at the Peermont Metcourt Hotel this weekend. This is the 2nd time we visited you guys and definitely not the last.
The staff was very friendly our room was beautiful and most of all we felt like we were miles away from home just what we wanted! See you soon 

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Beds are very comfortable but rooms are small - a curtain separates the "bathroom area". Toilet and shower have glass doors with a sink just outside - deluxe room adds a tub and about 2 feet of space. Shelving includes a room safe. Tea/coffee offered. Free wifi. The B&B rate came with breakfast - wonderful! Omelets and eggs to order plus a large, very fresh buffet of many items. Service was very good from every department. Free shuttle to airport made it very convenient. Connected to casino/food court so there are alternatives for other meals, plus a movie theatre.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the side facing the airstrip at the airport. We did get flight noise, inclu...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I always stay at one of the Emperor Palace hotels when I visit South Africa every year. I love the convenience of the shuttle and the frequency it runs. The front desk staff are kind, helpful, and efficient. There was a problem with a printer in the morning, but they managed the issue and were professional throughout. The breakfast is also great. I'll continue to come back when I visit this beautiful country.

Room Tip: Excellent dining options just a short walk towards the casino.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

There are a number of Hotels close to the Airport and probably the best option are the Hotels at the Emperors Palace Casino Complex 5 minutes from the Airport. Shuttle buses or lots of parking for your car rental make this a convenient and SAFE place to spend a few days or overnight. Hotel is simple and small rooms but offers value for money and with access to so many restaurants and entertainment options in the complex you are not lost for options.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room that faces onto the parking area
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2014

A 3 star hotel that should be at least 6 stars. Small attention to detail in everything from food to super-friendly staff! Clean, lovely rooms and more than adequate facilities. I want to return and am looking for any reasons!

Room Tip: We were two friends attending a concert so we had two single beds, but beds were very spacious and r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Of the group of hotels in the Emperor's Palace compound, I believe Metcourt is the most simple. But it was comfortable and had easy access to the rest of the compound. The only slight inconvenience is that all the other parts are connected via internal walkways, and the Metcourt is disconnected, so there is a short outdoor walk to access the other buildings. One thing that was not negotiable for me was proximity to the airport and it was a 5 minute ride in a complimentary shuttle.

The food court was amazing, especially in the evening when all the restaurants were open. We had a "progressive dinner" where we did each course at a different restaurant and everything was very good. The casino seemed very nice, but the smell of smoke was overpowering so we couldn't stay long. The breakfast is also wonderful. There were stations with everything I could think of, including traditional African fare, English breakfast, Mediterranean, charcuterie, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruits and much more.

My only negative experience was with the front desk staff. I notified the hotel in my booking notes that my flight arrived at 8:00am and that I would like an early check-in if possible. When I arrived, the lady at the front desk didn't seem to be aware of my request, but told me at any rate that there were no rooms available (understandable as it was quite early in the morning). So we checked our luggage with the (very efficient) bell service and wandered around the complex for a few hours and came back about 4 hours later. This time, a different lady told me that there was a room available in the same class as the room I had reserved. She assured me that the room was exactly the same except that it didn't have a bathtub. I didn't mind this (and frankly, was thankful to get a shower and some rest after 24 hours of traveling and 4 hours of wandering), and agreed. The moment we stepped into the room, we could tell something was off. It was smaller than expected and also was situated at eye level with anyone walking through the parking lot (several people made eye contact with me as they walked by). I considered simply closing the curtains, but it made the room dark in the daytime and the room doesn't have much artificial light. When I called to inform that we weren't comfortable in that room, I was transferred to 2 additional people (re-telling my story each time), then I was finally told, rather brusquely, that all the rooms in the hotel are the same and that I shouldn't have accepted the room switch if I was going to complain. Quite offended, I had my husband call a few moments later. The lady with whom he spoke cut him off (I heard this through the phone) and said, "we should have just made you wait in the lobby until check in time." Well, he insisted that we be moved to a different room. We were eventually moved to the original room we requested. The room was obviously several square meters larger and the bed was larger as well. I must say I was appalled that the front desk staff lied to us about the rooms being essentially the same, and knowingly downgraded our room--yet they were not going to adjust the room rate. i.e. I would have paid the deluxe room rate for a standard room.

I honestly had nothing against my stay (room was a cozy, comfortable and well-appointed) and I plan to visit the Emperor's Palace food court/cinema again, but I'm pretty sure I won't stay in the hotel again because I'm uncomfortable with the customer service level and the general integrity of the staff.

Room Tip: know for sure which room, you've reserved in case they try to pull a fast one
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Peermont Metcourt Hotel will meet anybodies taste and price. You are met with friendly staff, checked inn quickly and then meet with a wonderful clean room. Pure white Egyptian cotton linen and soft fuzzy white towels, a coffee station and then relax and enjoy a big bouquet of TV channels. Worth every sent