“Excellent new VIP lounge addition”

Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Buenos Aires
“Excellent new VIP lounge addition”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Recently stayed at the Peermont D`OReale Grande at Emperor`s Palace in Kempton Park - a total of 3 nights. As usual, exceptional service from the time one steps into the courtesy shuttle bus at O.R.Tambo International airport, however this time a very special surprise as we were assigned a room on the 5th floor which is the upper level of this wonderful 5 star hotel.

Then we were `introduced` to their brand spanking new VIP lounge facility where their VIP guests check in to their room & have private swipe key card access to this glorious lounge.

If you are seeking a home away from home atmosphere, look no further; but first off let me say this is NOT a standard Business lounge - no sireee - this is a lounge designed to provide quiet ambiance to discerning guests staying here; it is spacious, extremely comfortable with both small two seat & 4 seat tables & chair pairing, but also lounge suites & big comfy leather chairs. Tastefully decorated with deep burgundy red & a dull silver coloured curtain, carpet & furniture mix, there are three large flat screen TV`s, snacks, an open bar & its own guest services manager & butler service.

Each of the table pairing have power double & triple points for guests who may wish to connect an iPad or laptop & the lounge is wi-fi equipped; but don`t plan on doing too much work as the setting, style & relaxed atmosphere are swift dissuaders.

Breakfast is served here for 5th floor VIP guests, so too evening aperitifs accompanied by wonderful selection of snacks straight from the gourmet chefs kitchen. The newspaper & magazine selections available should cater to most all folks reading desires & we found during our stay, nothing was left to chance.

The hospitality at this hotel is top-notch however the addition of this VIP lounge is a crowning jewel that can only be highly recommended as the difference between the cost of staying here in a standard room vs this VIP 5th floor makes this option astonishingly great value for money. Highly recommended 10 out of 10 Peermont Hotels.

Allan & Muriel

Room Tip: The 5th floor & VIP lounge are exceptional value for money, The quieter rooms overlook the rolli...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
London
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Used to go here a lot as it was convenient, but not anymore.

After we were robbed outside the entrance just after the traffic lights I think they need more alert & effective security even on the outside, and to make the place more family friendly & less tacky. Heard they were robbed recently too, sounded like an inside job tbh so they need to screen their employers more closely maybe.

It seemed ok, the rooms seemed quite clean etc, except one room that when we moved the bed their was a ton of ants. The other part of Emporers Palace had some really good restaurants in , others were to be avoided if you prefer your food fresh, the shops in there though are overpriced for often nonsensical tat basically. The place has the casino etc in fine we knew that, don't understand why people sit for hours with glazed over stares at loud money-eating machines etc. but that's their lookout. Families bring their children here to play in the video arcade & enjoy the cinema. A while ago however this place turned a bit nasty, they've lowered the tone massively & put in a 'Hooters' in what was mostly a family friendly entertainment venue. Then we were robbed just outside Emporers Palace entrance. Will avoid this place now.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed May 9, 2013

After several weeks in Africa, I had experienced Cape Town’s beauty, Botswana’s wilderness and wildlife, and had seen one of the 7 wonders of the world in Zimbabwe - Victoria Falls. Now I was headed back to South Africa and the Sabi Sands Reserve. However, I needed to spend a night in Johannesburg due to flight schedules. Johannesburg is the least exciting place I would visit on my entire trip. I had heard stories from friends telling me to be careful with my luggage at the airport and not to venture out onto the streets at night. Since I was merely overnighting, it seemed like a good idea to stay near the airport, and the reviews of the D’Oreale Grande Hotel were very high. After touching down at Johannesburg’s OR Tambo Airport and clearing customs and immigration, I walked out of the airport, crossing the road, to the parking area. Behind the Airport Sun Intercontinental Hotel I boarded the hotel shuttle. After a 5 drive I arrived at the D’Oreale Grande. It is set in a large, secure property with several other hotels and a casino / restaurant / shopping complex. The porter grabbed my bags with a smile and as I walked into the hotel. I was immediately pleased. Similar in style and décor to a good quality Las Vegas hotel it was quite grand - comparable to staying at the MGM or the New York, New York. Not very African, but spacious, clean, luxurious and a great value… I am guessing the hotel’s price is subsidized by the casino! I was delighted with my room and it’s amenities. There was air conditioning, satellite TV, free wifi, a good sized bathroom with tub / shower combo, and a view of the pool, expansive lawns, and gardens. After a shower I went to investigate the rest of the hotel and the grounds around it. I walked down a long hall way separating the hotel from the casino. Being a Friday night it was very busy with people playing craps, roulette, black jack, pai-gow and a number of other games. I spotted several bars and a club filled with good-looking people. Everyone seemed to really be enjoying themselves. I continued past the gaming floor and through a corridor that led out into a full size mall – similar to the shops at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. The choices of where to shop or eat were endless. I spent an hour window shopping, before having dinner at a small Italian place. They had one of the best pizzas I’ve ever had. After dinner I made my way back to the casino to try my luck on the slot machines. I struggled as I tried to operate the first machine. I tried inserting some South African Rand and the machine kept on spitting it back out at me. I finally walked up to a cashier and asked what the deal was. She informed me that you must pay a refundable fee of 20 Rand to be issued a card that will allow you to operate the slot machines. I paid the 20 Rand and she gave me a card. I then walked over to another slot and put the card in the machine and I was good to go. After playing on the machine for about a half an hour, I hit cash out and moved on to another machine. I placed my card, which I was certain had a bunch of money on it, into another machine and it showed a balance of $0. I thought to myself, “could this thing machine have taken my money?” I inserted more money into the machine and played until it was half gone and moved onto another machine. I inserted my card into the next machine, and again, it showed me a balance of $0. I was fed up as I thought my money had been taken from me. I chalked it up to a learning experience courtesy of South Africa. I made my way, sheepishly, towards the cashier and gave her my card. I expected to get my 20 Rand back, but she gave me several hundred rand back. It turns out that if you don’t use all of the money you put into a slot machine it is stored on your card, but is not redeemable on another slot. I felt better as I walked back to the elevator that would take me to my room. After a good night’s sleep I was up at 8am for the hotel’s buffet breakfast. There was a whole table dedicated to meats and cheeses, another for pastries, a yogurt bar, and omelet station, cereal bar, sushi, bacon, eggs and on and on. It was actually fantastic! Overall my thoughts of the D’oreale Grande are as follows - the service is stellar, the location is great as it’s close to the airport and you don’t need to pay for transfers, the food is amazing and there is something for everyone. The room is very comfortable and the price is fantastic for a 5 star property. In short, if you have to spend a night in Johannesburg the D’Oreale Grande is convenient, comfortable, good value hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Safari_Tim
sydney
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable, big beds, large bathroom, they even had a step so you can get in and out of the bath. Bed was firm but not hard, the pillows big and fluffy. The dinning room is grand, and the breakfast was very good. It is also about 10 mins from the airport and they have their own shuttle bus. This hotel is in a complex, there is a casino, many shops, and places for kids to play in...that is big kids and little kids. There are also different restaurants to choose from. The shopping and eating arcade is undercover. We were very lucky this was a bonus hotel before we flew to Victoria Falls.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A slice of Las Vegas as an airport hotel in Johannesburg. A large guarded, gated compound that includes a Casino, many restaurants, the five star D’Oreal and a four star hotel. There may be more hotels. Lovely gardens and pool. We stayed in a standard room, fully equipped, has 120v US power plug at desk and all the worlds 240v sockets (i.e. UK, SA three round plugs and even Australian slanted ones) free wi-fi and a constantly replenished bucket of ice…a nice touch. Free airport shuttle every 20 minutes. If you like Las Vegas over the top décor, this is your home away from home. Excellent buffet brekkie.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A 5 star Hotel located in a big entertainment & Casino complex very, very close to the OR Tambo Johannesburg Airport. The hotel communicates directly to a huge Vegas styled Casino through a passageway heavily decorated with Renaissance paintings and to a very large Food Emporium filled will all kinds of restaurants.
The reception was quite busy when we checked in but we were quickly whisked to our room which faced a beautiful garden with an elaborate swimming pool.
The room and bathroom were spacious with excellent mattress, pillows and linen.
Room was rather dark and it took a while for the light to brighten as the result of energy saving bulbs; even with all the light fixtures on, the room was still dark.
The service throughout the hotel was excellent with maybe the only flaw being that the guest relations assistant did not want to recommended for some odd reason a restaurant to have dinner in the city.
The breakfast buffet selection was absolutely fantastic, with everything from oriental fares, Japanese, Indian to Western. The dining room faced the garden.

Room Tip: Request rooms facing the garden and not the parking lot. Higher floors are preferable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kh445
Gaborone, Botswana
Reviewed March 24, 2013

i have been to many places such as sun city ,france, australia and many more but the reception i received from this hotel was exceptional very good,. The food and management make feel at home and more relaxed.Unfortunately my camera with all the image disappeared.

This a remarkable life time trip and i would like to urge travellers to visit this hotel. Very close to the airport and abandant transport to airport and sandton city and all over mzazi

Ndu from Botswana

Room Tip: rooms on the side of the golf
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family