Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$134
$69
$58
Priceline
1,052 results
All reviewsclub flooremperors palaceperfect datefive star hotelcasino complexclose to the airportrose petalsother hotelsfood courtbreakfast buffetfree shuttlesouth africashort stayan overnight staycape towntambo airportlong flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2008

We stayed here on a stop over after being at Kruger. After arrival we felt safe in this beautiful 5star hotel and let our guard down a little. We left our bags in our room and locked the door while we headed back down to our car to collect a few things. After returning to our room we found the door open with a housekeeping trolley blocking the door, we called out to get back in the our room and the housekeeper didn't appear for a little while. When we were let back into the room I knew something was up because the housekeeper had no reason to be in our room as it was all made up and we had only just arrived. She pretented to do something in the bathroom for a few minutes and ended up taking one of our towels. I checked through all my belongings because I knew something was up and found my credit card missing, and my Australian $ and Mauritian Rupee had been moved (the rupee looks similar to the ZAR) I had just used it at the front desk while checking in and didn't want to jump to any conclusions so I waited for her to leave and went down to the front desk, they said I hadn't left it there. It took the staff a long time to start investigating the incident. They finally looked at the survailance footage which showed me putting my credit card back in my purse and back in my bag, and then up and into my room. They said the staff member was being questioned so the card was not cancelled straight away in case it turned up. The next morning I had to explain the whole incident again to the manager on duty who informed me that the housekeeper in question had already gone home last night. Not really great service from a 5 star hotel. So far no transactions have shown up on my account, which I am greatful for. The staff never once apologised or offered us any compensation. I left my email and phone numbers and have yet to be contacted about the incident. We were on our honeymoon also and never got upgraded as in a previous review. Be very careful of all the staff at this hotel, do not leave any valuables in your room out of the safe for even 5 minutes like we did, don't be fooled by all the security around the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ge0rgeJ
Reviewed January 4, 2008

One of 3 hotels on site at the huge Johannesburg gambling mecca of Emperors Palace, the Grande is the jewel in the crown of Peermont groups properties on this site.
Perfect for an airport stopover as it's just 10 minutes by taxi or hotel shuttle to the airport terminal.
Rooms are adequate if a little generic, though there are some nice touches with regard to bathroom amenties etc
Lots of places to eat with OK food standards, though we did find the place we ate at was a little grubby.
All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 17, 2007

This place did not disappoint ! My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here for one night early may this year to end our first visit to South Africa.
The hotel is a stones throw away from the airport and is in no way affected by it (noise), it also has a courtesy shuttle going to and from.
The rooms are well appointed and the beds very comfortable. The bathroom was of a good size and spotless and It had a full size bath with a overhead shower.
Outdoors it has a tennis court, pool (good size) an outdoor bar and a lovely garden area.
From the hotel you can walk through to the Casino and from there onto an area where there is a range of different restaurants and shops with an amusement area for the young at heart to occupy themselves (small rollercoaster and games of various sorts).
The hotel staff were friendly and their service excellent, there was an amazing amount of food at breakfast, something for everyone and in the Cafe' Roma the previous evening we enjoyed a wonderful meal quite late (11pm).
I would not hesitate reccommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Distant-travla
Reviewed August 3, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for stopover as many people do. what a pleasant stay! After being away from luxury during my trip in Southern Africa, it was really nice feeling to be here. The entire resort was really nice and my room was decorated very nicely, the bathroom was spacious with a spottless clean bathtub so I could take long nice bath after 10 days on the road. It was like oasis. I choose this hotel also because it is very safe. Though there is a casino next door, this hotel was not noisy or felt like be in a casino. I need to mention about the breakfast as well. It was the best breakfast during my trip in africa. The variety, the tastes, everything was good! If I had to stop over Jo'berg again, I will make sure to stay this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ciaohawaii
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Nice hotel, close and convenient to airport. Rooms are nice.

Had to wait 2 hours for room until 3:40 to get a room. Then when asked for late check out at 3pm had to pay extra $44 u.s.

Internet is wi-fi only, signal terrible, and costs $22 u.s. for only 4 hours. Crazy.

Stayed: July 2007