“Italian Renaissance in Joburg”

Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Reviewed July 29, 2011

WOW!!! When staying at Emperor's Palace, this is the hotel to stay at (one of four). Walls and ceilings were covered with reproduction old master paintings. Glitz and glitter everywhere. Staff extremely helpful. High level of security as it is part of the casino complex. Many restaurants to choose from. Breakfast is one of the biggest I have ever seen and caters for everybody. The room was huge and modern with great views outside to the gardens.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Nice rooms, great breakfast. Wifi is a bit slow though.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JasonL4
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here in late 2005 with my family. I wouldn't say the actual accommodation is better than the Metcourt but the hotel surrounds are amazing. The buffet breakfast included should take the hotel to 6 stars and is the best I have ever had I still dream about the eggs benedict, if you can't find something ask for it and you'll have it without a word being said. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I stayed here on business on my way to Mozambique. I did not want to leave. The check in staff were very friendly and professional as well as the bell staff and concierge. The room was luxurious and the hotel adjoins a shopping pavilion and fabulous casino. For the price it was a great value.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the fountains are very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I stayed at D'oreale during the world cup final last year. I like the location as it was close to the airport and you can take the Gautrain from there and explore the rest of Joburg.

The buffet breakfast in the hotel was amazing and i really liked the variety of foods but more importantly the service of the F&B colleagues especially the Chef and the Manager there. They came to speak with me every morning and make polite conversation, which really made me feel at home.

After i checked out i noticed i was charged from the minibar for items i did not use. When i went back to the reception, the manager Eugene whom i spoke with told me they cannot void my receipt, as i already told them the bill was okay.I then asked why cant a luxury hotel void my bill and fix it, as they do not except me to pay for someone elses mistakes.His response was that i already said its okay in a very agrrogant tone of voice! I told him the service was not excepteble for an expensive 5 star hotel. He then told me that i probably did not pay for my own hotel anyway,maybe my company....I was shocked and he said that in front of another guest, I never experienced anything like that at any of the other hotels i have stayed in.

That will also be the reason i will not stay at the D'oreal Grande again or recommend it to anyone as my experience at check out was enough to ruin my entire stay there.

He gave me my money back eventually but that whole situation could have been avoided if the manager at the reception was friendly and accommodating like in other hotels i have stayed in were they make you feel like you are important to them and not like crap.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Jamaludine
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We had been advised not to stay in Johannesburg as a dangerous city. However we booked the Peermont D'oreale Grande and to our great surprise this was an excellent hotel. Reasonably priced and a top quality hotel. Beautifull room with every luxury item.
We felt safe and wished we were staying longer than one night.
Hotel is attached to a large Las Vegas type Casino. Lovely grounds with pool.
Only negative was the hotel did not have a casual restaurant. Only a fairly expensive formal restaurant. However we eat in the casino.
If we went back to Johannesburg this is where we would stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClontarfPorky76
Reviewed March 21, 2011

D'Orelale Grande is about 5-10 minutes drive from the OR Tambo International Airport, has a shuttle service that runs every 15 minutes or so. It is part of Emperor's Palace Casino complex. Room are very good and so are the other facilities like the Lounge and Dining are luxurious. Additionally, you have access to the casino, entertainment, and food court area which offers something to everyone's taste. If you're concluding a hectic business trip and want to spend a couple of days pampering yourself before you head home, D'Oreale is the best option near the airport. Would definitely want to go back and stay there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business