“Housekeeping staff honest.”

Southern Sun O.R Tambo International Hotel
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spent one night there in transit back home. The room was clean and airy but the balcony was a bit of an eyesore .The air conditioner was not working for the most part of the night. The highlight of my stay was the sumptuous breakfast served ,I was in awe so many options. I forgot my phone and they called to let me know that they had found it in the room just when I had ruled ever getting it back.Kudo"s to the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ckgosie
Louis-AndreBotha, Manager at Southern Sun O.R Tambo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for providing us with some valuable feedback.

We’re glad you enjoyed our Breakfast Buffet and I can assure you our Executive Chef, Chef Song and his Kitchen Team works very hard to keep the delivery consistent.

We’re delighted to hear that our Housekeeping Team found your lost mobile phone and returned it back to you.

Our Maintenance Team is currently busy working on our Air-conditioning units.

Louis-Andre

Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Despite having booked and had confirmation about our room in October, when we arrived in February the room was not available and we were then asked to wait until one was prepared, this despite it being 6.30pm. The receptionist then charged us for the room again yet we had already paid! This caused a lot of hassle as she wanted to credit rather than cancel which would havemeant we were paying for our band to convert to ZAR. She did cancel it but not without a lot of arguing. The restaurant had no availability until 10pm due to a large party having taken over the facility so we ended up with room service which was actually very good. All in all it was not up to the standard that I expected.

Shuttle to terminal very good however.

Room Tip: Make sure you take your booking confirmation with you
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diana k
Louis-AndreBotha, Manager at Southern Sun O.R Tambo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Diana K

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We’re glad you enjoyed our Room Service and that you had a good meal.

Our Front Office Manager Mandy Demas will set up a Training Programme with her Front Desk Team.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We spent 1 night at Southern Sun as our fight from East London was delayed and we got to Joburg very late, the room was lovely and room service was quick. We enjoyed sitting at the bar. The room we stayed did not have a nice view though. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Louis-AndreBotha, Manager at Southern Sun O.R Tambo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you for the kind words on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the sun both on route to Zanzibar and again on our return journey to Botswana.the rooms were adequate and the breakfast had plenty of choice. Dinner was only just acceptable for the price.
Open lea

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was with my bf nd de service was so gr8. Room service was quick de shower was amazing with hot water nd clean towels de room was sooo cool I enjoyed everi moment. On my wy bk home 2 jhb central I hired their meter taxi it arrived in seconds nd de drive was an old friendly man hu myd sure dat I was safe... I wil definetly go dere 4 my sty of 4dys with my bf end of Feb... Kip up

• Stayed: January 2013
Louis-AndreBotha, Manager at Southern Sun O.R Tambo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your kind words on Trip Advisor.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we cant wait to welcome you back to our Hotel at the end of February.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently spent one night at this hotel on a business trip. Although the furnishing in the rooms were fine, the air conditioning in the first room I was given didn't work and I asked to change rooms. Once settled into my new room I then discovered that this air con didn't work either, the room was stuffy and too hot to sleep. The beds also only have one thick duvet and no lighter sheet which made things worse. For the price you pay you expect to have a decent nights sleep, but it was virtually impossible because of the uncomfortable temperature in the room. I think the hotel is over due for an upgrade!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for providing us with information on where we need improvement.

Our Maintenance Team is currently servicing all our Airconditioners.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times due to its proximity to the airport although these Previous stays have been for a single night only. This time however we stayed for the weekend before flying out. The reception area is being upgraded and noisy, the service in the pool area is non existent, the food expensive and poor and the bar had run out of tap beer! However it is convenient to the airport and the rooms are adequate although the whole interior could do with a facelift since the furnishings are tired and in need of some modernisation. Reception staff and doorman service good and friendly and shuttle service fast.

Room Tip: Find another hotel until
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SharksSupporter1
Louis-AndreBotha, Manager at Southern Sun O.R Tambo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey on Trip Advisor.

We’re currently busy with a renovations project to upgrade our facilities for you our valued guest.

Should you wish to return for another stay please get in to contact with our Guest Relations Manager Tenza Mbombo on tenza.mbombo@tsogosun.com who will insure you’ll have a pleasant experience with us.

Kind regards