“Had booked the Peermont Metcourt, but fully booked when I arrived”

Peermont Metcourt Suites at Emperors Palace
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Was placed in the Peermont Metcourt Suites for my first night and was NOT happy with the situation, although to be very fair the staff were fully booked at the Metcourt across the road and I had arrived more than 5 hours late due to a broken plane. The Metcourt suites first room stank of cigarettes and I was given another room, which was on the ground floor. All I wanted to do was sleep and unfortunately the residents in the next room were loud and their tv was the same. Once they had quietened down, I was about to get to sleep, only to be woken by an outside broadcasting crew packing up their trailer which was 1 very loud and 2 took at least an hour of noise to pack up. I finally got to sleep around 3 am. Thankfully I was moved for the following two nights into the Metcourt hotel, which was much better and the place I had originally booked. The Suites are a good size, but I had a horrid night of little sleep and would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: I guess anything other than the ground floor might work
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 1businesstraveller
There are newer reviews for Peermont Metcourt Suites at Emperors Palace

Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Room clean but that was about it. No air conditioning, poor signage about the place, terrible breakfast. Staff were keen to assist but there was too much negatives to overturn our impression and experience. With stacks of chairs in corridors, locked doors everywhere, it felt like the place was closed up. We also had the impression that guests were treated as potential thieves as few amenities and many items (ie the iron!) locked down to prevent possible theft. This made it all too difficult. Terrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way to Kapama game reserve. The room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel staff was courteous. The hotel offered tours arranged through their own local guides. Basically, this hotel provided everything we needed for a short stay in Jo'burg. The hotel was also connected to a complex that offered lots of dining and entertainment options without having to leave the grounds; this was comforting as it was our first time in Jo'burg and I really didn't want to go wandering around the city at night. The city, unfortunately, has a reputation as a high crime area; however, I can attest to the honesty of the hotel staff. I left a gold ring in my room when I checked out. I didn't realize it until a couple of days later and I figured I would never see it again. I called the hotel and was told that my ring was secured in their safe and I just had to make arrangements to have it shipped to me. I am happy to say that I now have both my ring and happy memories of the Peermont.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We've stayed here several times and have never been disappointed, although this time it took a long time to check in as they were very busy and there was only one person on duty. The rooms are immaculate and every convenience you could wish for. The breakfast is great and we like how you can walk to all the shops and restaurants without even going outside. Would definitely stay here every time.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barry c
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It was clean, comfortable, close to the airport, and the staff was very nice. That being said, it was in a casino, which is not my thing. I just booked it as a place to do a quick transfer stop in JoBurg. If you like the casino and family fun center environment, then you'll probably be okay with it. I don't, so the experience is lost on me. The casino itself was the only dinning option open and it's options are pretty awful as far as I tried and could see. Fast food mostly. I wouldn't do it again unless I had to. They had a good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very modern clean hotel. The rooms are spacious and modern although I found them to be dark and although the bathroom was spotless with all usual amenities the "green lighting" was slightly off putting! Walls are very thin and my neighbour enjoyed listening to the tv all night!! Disappointed that there was no wifi available in rooms and only in certain areas of hotel. Would stay here again if only to rest a weary head on a clean pillow.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed at the Peermont Metcourt Suites at Emperors Palace in early March of 2012.

My flight arrived at JNB very late I was scheduled to leave for Zimbabwe the next morning. At $200 USD a night I was expecting a better appointed room. The bed was large and comfortable with enough pillows to catch a falling trapeeze performer. The bathroom and shower was spotless and had all the soaps, shampoos and small appliances that you would expect from a hotel room in this price range. A tray on the counter next to the television held a nice assortment of coffees and teas along with an electric tea kettle.

The staff was accomodating and very helpful. I felt that the Wi-Fi should have been included in the price of the room, but at least the price for the Wi-Fi was reasonable for the few minutes I needed to check email and send out a couple quick messages. I needed to get a few printouts of my trip's vouchers and was directed across the street to their sister hotel where I used their business center and printed a few pages at no cost.

The included breakfast was outstanding. A hot section, a cold section and then there was the waffle / omelet station. Everything was cooked perfectly and exactly as ordered. The waitstaff was very attentive and provided everything I needed quickly and efficiently.

The shuttle between the hotel is frequent (every 1/2 hour ?) and painless. I aksed to be dropped off at a location that the shuttle doesn't normally stop at, but the driver was nice enough to do this for me.

My disappointment with the room was with the decor. The bed was great, and honestly after 24 hours on airplanes the only thing I was really interested in. The chair for the desk was a plastic patio chair. The two chairs in the sitting area felt like they came from either someone's patio or a 1950's garage sale. The floor covering was large throw rugs. Just not very much 'plush' in the room.

Maybe this is the standard for hotel rooms in South Africa I don't know.

All in all the hotel was clean, safe and convenient to the airport. For a quick overnighter when transiting JNB you probably can't do better. If to are planning an extended stay maybe you can do better.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo