“Good value for money”
Review of Aero Guest Lodge

Aero Guest Lodge
Ranked #2 of 68 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very convenient for the airport with free shuttle service if required.
Not the quietest at night with flights overhead but excellent value for money if you're passing through. Food very reasonably priced

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
aeroguestlodge, Manager at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thanks for your review.

Our rates include breakfast and airport transfers and we're only minutes away from International arrivals at OR Tambo Johannesburg International Airport.

Hope to see you again:-)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had one night booked here in March as I was leaving early in the morning at OR Tambo Airport. The staff was amazing ! I ended up getting sick (Not related to the lodge!) and they had a shuttle take me to the hospital free of charge, they went out of their way to help me out. The shuttle also picked me up. They phoned the hospital prior to me arriving to see how long of a wait etc. I didn't get to experience their dinner as I said I had to leave for the hospital. I did have some breakfast in the morning which was good. They have a shuttle take you directly to the airport which is helpful so you don't have to worry about cabs etc.I felt safe while I was there, even as a young solo female traveller. Room was clean, price was unbeatable ! I highly recommend !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Hi,

We're glad you're okay now and thank you for mentioning how the staff went out of there way to help:-) When you stay with us we'll make sure you're well looked after and all our staff members have a genuine care and interest for our guests, your comfort and well being is the most important thing. We also ensure that if you are travelling alone we welcome you with open arms into the Aero Family:-)

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I chose this lodge because of the free shuttle to and from the airport. The room was nice, the breakfast and dinner tasty and the people very accommodating. We came back again at the end of our trip. It is very secure but the neighborhood is not safe for strolling about.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
aeroguestlodge, Manager at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for mentioning about the food and how accommodating we are - we really try our best to make sure your stay with us is a pleasurable one.

We hope to see you again in the future!

All the best.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I spent just 8-10 hours for transiting between DRC and Brazil. The room is quite nice and the breakfast is ok. I didn't enjoy the pool and the neighborhood. All people were very kind.
Tip: they offer free shuttle to get and to take guests at the aeroport -- just give them a call.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi,

Thank you for mentioning that we are good for transit. We are located minutes from Johannesburg International airport (OR Tambo) and we have a free shuttle service for collection and return journey inclusive in our rates.

Thank you for also mentioning the staff for being kind - we do all we can to make sure our guests enjoy there stay.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This must simply be the most perfect place to recover from a long overnight flight and prepare you for the next journey. About 5 minutes from the Airport. A great pickup and return service was included in the bed and breakfast rate. A pool, beautiful gardens, an honesty bar and such a warm and friendly welcome from Erica and delicious food cooked to order on the braai. Simply the perfect start to our adventure in Africa.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We're located just a few minutes from Johannesburg International Airport (OR Tambo) and sometimes our guests are surprised by the atmosphere we have created seeing as we are by the airport. We have lovely gardens and palm trees and a large outdoor pool to relax next too. Combine that with a bar and outdoor seating area and pool table. The majority of our food is free range and cooked to order on the barbeque every evening and our fillet steak is bought from an award winning butchers, so come and give it a try!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was my last stop after a week of camping, so it was great to sleep in a bed. Even if I was not tired from my trip, and dying for a little comfort, I would recommend this hotel. It's not a fancy pants place, but it's pretty cozy, reasonably priced, common area with pool table, swimming pool and bar operated on a trust system. You take a drink, you write it up and pay later. The staff are incredibly nice and very responsive to questions. The best I came across the entire time I was traveling. It was also really clean and felt safe. It's not too far from the airport, (8-10m?), they offer a pick-up and drop-off shuttle (remember to tell them in advance and make sure you know exactly where the pick up place is at intl arrivals as it's a really busy area), the breakfast was solid and kept me from going hungry for most of the day (choice of eggs, beans, bacon, fruit, breads, cereals, coffee, tea). The room is spacious with an interesting layout. The toilet/shower area was just in front of the bedroom as a step up into an open space. You could get privacy by closing the curtain. I liked it. It was different. Oh! Strong shower and nice big towels. I booked a tour to the Apartheid museum through them, which I thought was expensive (as a solo traveler. It's cheaper if it's 2 people). The museum was definitely worth a visit though and the guide is great, but if you can get a cheaper rate, do it. Annoyances...couple mosquitoes. I forgot my spray. Some noise from the street or maybe it was planes. People get up very early and walk around so that might disturb you if you want to sleep in a bit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Hi,

Thank you for your review and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

The kitchen staff were very happy you enjoyed your food so much and we're also glad you enjoyed the tour you booked through us. Thank you for also mentioning that our staff were the best you encountered during your visit to South Africa, we place a lot of time and energy into continuous training programmes for customer service and we like to execute this with a smile.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed one night on route to kruger and aero lodge was just what we needed. It is close to the airport and pickup was easy enough. Then there is a reasonable pool, garden and common area to relax in. We went to the hotel next door for lunch (aero don't offer lunch) and while the food was nothing fancy it was again easy and good enough for what we needed. If you are looking for a short stopover and not expecting anything super fancy but want to be comfortable and safe then I'd recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for mentioning that we are perfect for a short stopover. We have a 24 hour shuttle so no matter what time you land or need to return to the airport we ensure you a smooth hassle free transfer at no additional cost (transfer is free of charge both ways).

Thank you for also mentioning that we are safe - we put a lot of time and money into this aspect of the business.

Hope to see you again!