Sunrock Guesthouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$134
$156
$130
Priceline
1,476 results
All reviewsclose to the airportguest houseother guestsone nightexcellent place to staynext morningtrain stationhonesty barairport pickupfelt very safenice poolan oasislong flightswimming poolbuffet dinnerjo burghome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed just the one night for £65 b&b, very good value for money especially as you get picked up and taken back to airport by Arthur (and if you're lucky - his parrot!!). Room was very nice, clean and spacious. There is a heated pool in the grounds - great for cooling off. Big bar area with giant screen for watching sports. Arthur, Ina & family ordered pizza and offered to share it with us - or take us to a local restaurant. We shared their evening meal - mashed potato, sausage, salad etc. my only gripe was that it cost 100 rand (£10). All in all I would recommend this place for value and friendliness.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nivek3333
Reviewed December 9, 2010

This is one of the friendliest, best operated, and importantly for me, great value guesthouse/B&B’s I have ever had the privilege of staying. Right from the first moment you meet Arthur and Ina you realise that their welcomeness is genuine and that they care about their guests.

The airport transfer service is personal and well operated. They drop you back at the airport at the time that suits your travel, and not like many hotels, at times that suits the hotel.

The rooms are spotless and well appointed, with crisp sheets and nice showers and are excellent value for the price. The breakfast is very good, with cereals (they had muesli - hadn’t had this option for all of my East African travels!) and a well prepared standard fare.

But what really sets Sunrock apart from other guesthouse/B&Bs/hotels is the personal service from Ina and Arthur. They really make you welcome. Nothing seems to be a trouble for them. On the morning of my departure I realised I had a very late departure that day at about 10 pm. I asked if it was alright if I worked on my laptop in their bar area for the day. Ina said she could do better than that, and as they didn’t have a guest booked in the room I was staying that day said I could stay in the room all day and work. Any other hotel I have stayed in would want to charge me a day rate at the least, Ina wouldn’t take any money from me for this. What a darling!

I also needed to go to a bank and do some quick shopping at a shopping mall. I asked Ina where was the closest mall and before I could ask about booking a taxi she offered to take me in their shuttle van. Her and Arthur had to do a bit of shopping themselves and if I didn’t mind waiting until they had finished I was more than welcome to join them. As if I would mind waiting? What service! Oh and when I offered to pay for the car park bill at the shopping mall, Arthur refused my offer.

I will be recommending Sunrock to all my friends and colleagues. They deserve all the success that I am sure will come their way.

Keep it up Ina and Arthur and thanks for my great stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This is an excellent choice of accommodation near the airport in Jo'burg. Ina and Arthur Johnson take care to make one comfortable from the moment you meet them at the airport to the moment they drop you off. (The Guesthouse is not quite 10 minutes drive from the airport.) The rooms were spacious and clean and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast was good and substantial. We appreciated some down time in the clubhouse during the day before our flight out -- we read and sipped tea and felt a world away from the streets of Jo'burg beyond the walls. We look forward to our next stay at the Sunrock Guesthouse.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2010

An excellent place to stay if you are spending only one night in Jo'burg and have a plane early in the morning. Definitely recommended.
The rooms are very large, the food is excellent and the owners are very kind.
Please be aware that the area in the surroundings may be dangerous at night. Arriving there by car is safe, and the place itself is safe, just don't go around that area during the night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Wile I was traveling in Africa for half a jear Sunrock was kind of my home base. I have been there 6 times. Sometimes just one night and sometimes a few days. I been there alone, with my mom, with my brother, with my sister in law and with my boyfriend. They all loved the place. There is something in the air there... It´s one of the best places I been in South-Africa. I can recommend everybody to go there.

You can always have dinner there. The cook is very good! The braai is the best. Breakfast is perfect. The rooms are very comfortable and cleen. The beds are great. I realy love Ina, Arthur and the kids! In the bar is always a goog atmosphere. Realy no complaint about anything.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family