I stayed just one night there to wait for a connection flight.
The owner itself picked us up at the airport.
The guesthouse is located near the airport, but don't expect much about nightlife in the neighborhood - I couldn't see any restaurant near.
The rooms are really simple / no-frills, as stated by other reviewers (no air-conditioning), but they are very clean.
The breakfast is basic, but OK.
I was positive impressed by two facts:
- the owners invited us for a barbecue (paid as extra) in the evening. It was delicious! Excellent meat!
- I forgot my camera in the owner's van after he left us at the airport. I called him back, asking to bring it to me. I had to wait some time due to the heavy traffic he was in. When he arrived, I wanted to pay a tip for the inconvenience, but he didn't accept it. Can you imagine that? In South Africa?
In a few words, a simple and unexpensive place ran by a family that provides excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunrock Guesthouse is a highly recommended guest house in Kempton Park situated in a quiet, peaceful area north-east of Johannesburg, which offers superior comfort and service. Our Guesthouse is centrally situated and is a superb base for enjoying Gauteng and exploring the rest of South Africa. It is only 4km from O.R Tambo International Airport, and 10 minutes from either the Festival Mall in Kempton Park or East Rand Mall in Boksburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Sunrock Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrock Guesthouse Hotel Kempton Park