“Great overnight stay, helpful advice too!”
Review of Sunrock Guesthouse

Sunrock Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent one night at Sunrock and echo all the positive comments of other reviewers - PLUS - as we were leaving Kempton Park by train, not plane, the very efficient driver delivered us to Rhodesville Station instead of ORTambo Station - a decent saving on the cost of the train ticket! A thoughtful extra!

Room Tip: Rear rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sunrock Guesthouse

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have travelled through Johannesburg a number of times when transiting to visit my daughter and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else except Sunrock. The owners are the most generous and welcoming people. There is always someone at the airport to meet you and there is never a problem being returned to the airport. The rooms are spotless and the meals are excellent. I look forward to staying at Sunrock now as part of my holiday and not just as a stopover.

1  Thank Monica442
Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a solo female traveler (19 yrs old) for the first time, I was very nervous about spending a night in Jo'burg. But the Sunrock Guesthouse was by far the best way to do it. I was going back and forth between staying IN the hotel (for about 300 dollars) or staying at Sunrock (for about 70 dollars). I ended up choosing Sunrock and am so glad I did.

The one negative was the fact that no one was at the front desk when we arrived (Around 9pm) which was an issue since our shower didn't have water (long story, but I ended up bumping into a friend at the airport, and Sunrock changed my room last minute so he could stay with me!)

However, someone did help us find a different room to shower in the next morning.

Basically - the car ride there is short and safe, it's worth it to save the money (i.e. worth it to not stay IN the airport), and the hot breakfast and shower make all the difference on a multi-day flight!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with StudentUniverse
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at Sunrock Guesthouse and enjoyed our stay. The shuttle was waiting for us when we de-boarded the place and were prompt to take us back to the airport the next day. The room was clean and we both slept well. The guest house is surrounded by a fence which made us feel safe in the area and the breakfast was also delicious! The owners were extremely welcoming and gave us some tips on what we should do during our visit.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were traveling to Jo'burg for a wedding. I took a terrible fall (offsite) and injured my knee. Everyone at Sunrock were so generous and kind to us. They even took me to the hospital for treatment and were helpful as we extended our stay and I hobbled on crutches.
The meals, dinner and breakfast, were delicious. The staff was all terrific and it felt like home. You will enjoy staying in the family suite with interleading rooms if you are traveling with family.
We can't thank you enough Sunrock for a wonderful stay and providing us care with my injured knee! Thank you!

Room Tip: Family suite with interleading rooms is good for family of 4.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a great family run business. They give you the personal treatment. You get your moneys worth. The dinners are great and worth the money. You can't get a steak dinner for this price in a restaurant that is this good.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Lovely people, beautiful rooms, very clean.
Great food at the buffet, very efficient with drop off and pick up from airport.
Absolutely recommend it for young people travelling via South Africa and looking for a safe place in Johannesburg for a night.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back away from the road and the communal eating area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple