Sunrock Guesthouse
  • Breakfast included
$99
$74
Agoda.com
African Rock Hotel(Kempton Park)
$283
$57
$177
$124
1,480 results
All reviewsclose to the airportguest houseother guestsone nightexcellent place to staynext morningtrain stationhonesty barairport pickupfelt very safenice poolan oasislong flightswimming poolbuffet dinnerjo burghome away from home
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here 3 separate nights during a recent trip from the US. Everything was great- very friendly, very clean, and the supper buffet was excellent. Convenient to the airport. I look forward to my next visit.

JS
Chicago, IL

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here because of proximity to airport and free shuttle service. Shuttle service was late due to e-mail mix-up; phone call solved the problem. Hotel complex is walled-in so we felt safe and private. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Restaurant/bar had nice ambiance; buffet meal was excellent and very reasonably priced. Included breakfast was also very good and served in an elegantly furnished room. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely book again if over-nighting in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

In August I was travelling to Madagascar by myself to participate in a semester long study abroad program. As a young woman travelling internationally completely alone for the first time, I was very nervous when I realized I had to stay a night in Jo'berg. My Dad called ahead and immediately the owner answered the phone and arranged for someone to pick me up from the airport and return me there the next morning. I easily found my driver and he took me to Sunrock, where everyone was extremely nice and friendly towards me. Since the only room available was a double, they even gave me free dinner, a beer, and I got to play with their dog! The room was nice and very comfortable, had good wifi, TV, and I felt extremely safe the entire time. My only regret is that I didn't write this review earlier!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed one night whilst transiting through Jo'burg and were very satisfied. Our flight ran late but transfer was waiting for us. Secure location 10 minutes from the airport. Dinner and breakfast were wholesome and good servings. Other than a supermarket, not much nearby but was fine for us. Overall service was great, as was value for money. We would stay next time transiting through Jo'burg.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Safe, Quiet, Relaxed and Friendly. The perfect stop before a late flight to England from Polokwane. Ina and Arthur were incredibly helpful, the staff friendly and the complementary breakfast and airport transfers were a bonus. The food was fantastic and the overall experience was a pleasant one. Convenient for anyone wishing to have a relaxed break from the Jo'burg/airport/travel hubbub! Many Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo