“Perfect stopover place to stay.”
Review of Sunrock Guesthouse

Sunrock Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect stopover place to stay.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Absolutely fantastic place to stay when in transit. Close to the airport, free pick up and drop off. Lewis the driver is lovely!
On the food front -The breakfast is awesome and I would recommend having dinner there. The dinner is outstanding!! I ate there for 3 nights in total across my trip. It was consistently excellent all 3 nights.
Rooms are very clean and comfortable, staff are so friendly and helpful. The owners Ina and Arthur are so very relaxed, efficient and accommodating. They have a bar, pool table, free wifi and a lovely swimming pool. They arranged for a trip to the mall and I also had a pick up of Biltong.
There is a supermarket a few minutes walk away which is very handy for snacks etc...
Without a doubt this is a perfect choice for a layover place. Very reasonable price as well!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kiwimatic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Thai first
Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was exactly what I was looking for and more. The airport pick and drop off were timely. Dinner and breakfast were fantastic! The room was much nicer and more luxurious than I was expecting for such a reasonable price. All the staff was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. The wifi was fast and free. Its small enough that you feel at home and comfortable, but big enough that you can have anonymity if you want it. If you need a place to stay for a night in Joburg, this is it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a perfect place to stay close to the airport. When we landed in Jo'burg we were leaving the next day for Uganda. Being able to stay close to the airport was great. The friendly greeting when you arrive, excellent food and good comfortable rooms is all you need. You feel safe at this property. It is definitely a hidden oasis especially when you drive through the neighbourhood but the reviews on Tripadvisor are so true. Don't think twice about booking your stay here. We even returned for a second night during our trip.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was most pleased by this guesthouse for my one-night stay prior to an overland tour. Ina and Arthur, the owners, as well as their staff, went out of their way to make me feel at home. The airport transfers; the complimentary, unlimited WifFi, and engaging conversations at dinner were the highlights of stay. My only disappointment, however, was that they were completely booked after I returned two weeks later for a one-night stay and I had to find other accommodation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
montreal, Quebec
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were looking for a family friendly, safe, reasonable guesthouse close to the airport on our way back from Kruger in order to catch an early flight out to Cape Town. We were leary of our pre-paid choice as we drove up to the gate but could not have been more pleased with our choice. Proof that you cannot judge a book by its cover, our room was fairly basic but the service sublime. Our hosts' children looked after our 2 year old, offered to cook us a BBQ dinner so we didn't have to venture out again, it was delicious home cooked fare and hit the spot perfectly. The pool, trampoline and pool table amused my daughter and we all had a sound night's sleep before an excellent breakfast and onward journey to CT.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jtay
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We initially booked the Sunrock Guest house after reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor. The Sunrock Guest house certainly lived up to the reviews and really did exceed all our expectations. We were so impressed with the service that we ended up staying on three separate occasions during our two month Africa trip.

The owners, Arthur and Ina, have thought about the sorts of things that are important to travellers and they really do offer exceptional service. They have created such a friendly, safe and comfortable place that we thought of as a home away from home. The complementary airport pick up was really appreciated, the property is very secure, the rooms were really clean and comfortable (very comfortable beds!), the breakfast was great and the dinners they offered each night were fantastic value for money and delicious!

I think what really sets the Sunrock apart is the absolutely exceptional service offered by Arthur and Ina and their staff. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and to help us have the best holiday possible, without being intrusive. For example, they took us and some of the other guests on a day trip with them to Pretoria - just because they were going and thought we might like to come. They drove us to and from the train station so we could easily go into Rosebank to shop for the day. I also had the unfortunate experience of getting a really nasty virus and they organised a Doctor for me and drove me to and from appointments, made sure I had food I could stomach and took me to the pharmacy.

I really can't recommend this place enough. If comfort, exceptional service and value for money are important to you - stay at the Sunrock! Thank you so much Arthur and Ina!

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our flight was delayed by 12 hrs so a very last minute booking. Literally seconds after the internet booking I had a call asking if we wanted a free airport pick up. I had booked a non refundable cancellation. We were then switched to another flight home so I assumed that I had lost the money. I cancelled the booking and then received an email to say that they were not taking the money. This was really unexpected and has never happened to me. I would thoroughly recommend this place as a people driven guest house and will definitely try and stay there if we return.