“Quiet and efficient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Cape Town, Western Cape
“Quiet and efficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We arrived late to the hotel, the restaurant was already closed as well as the bar but the staff organised a burger and fries from the airport Mug & Bean for us as well as a whiskey from the bar.
Rooms are clean, quiet and not tacky at all. Really good for an airport hotel that sees much traffic.

Room Tip: Any room away from the service entrances / elevators
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moonumber2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Casinalbo, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel in general is comfortable and nice.
I had spent one week and it was very quite.
The restaurant is very big and there are a lot food and the price is cheaper.
In the hotel there is a swimming pool. Next time I will want try it.
The staff of this hotel is friendly and professional.
In general no problem.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We booked into the Garden Court hotel for 1 night only as we had a party close to the venue and didn’t want to drive back to our house after the party.

The location from the airport is a bit far, but they do have shuttles that run to the airport every 15minutes (I think – but check with them). Our check-in lady was very friendly and we were sorted out immediately. The hotel is neat and clean. Probably not the freshest interiors, but nothing that will bother you. The room was big enough, and we did like the walk-in shower in the bathrooms. As most small hotel rooms normally don’t have this. What I find as very good customer service is that after the first 5 minutes in our room, we received a phone call from reception to ask if everything was good in our room. It was pleasant surprise from a hotel like this.

The bed and room was very neat and clean with everything working perfectly. We had no complaints. Breakfast the following morning was also the standard buffet breakfast with the standard hotel choices, but was tasty and service was done with a smile.

I really can’t fault this hotel on anything as all was good for a standard Airport hotel, and we had no complaints. Except maybe for the R40 per day parking that you have to pay as resident for using the hotel’s parking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LisaAnnNeale, Manager at Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
My Sincere Thanks to you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and Customer Care. I am pleased to read that were able to meet the majority of your expectations of our Hotel and would like to thank you for your constructive criticism as this will help us improve on the High Standard we have set ourselves.

Our guest courtesy calls are a staff driven initiative which I am pleased to see is making an impact, thank you for the words of appreciation, I have shared this with our team.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

During my most recent trip to South Africa I stayed here on two separate occasions- and was glad that I did!

As I was travelling solo with large amounts of luggage I arranged for a 'meet and greet' at the airport. Staff were punctual and very helpful while I converted my money etc. It was definitely worth spending that extra bit of money for the convenience.

Check-in was very simple and informative. Staff pointed out all facilities- including day spa at the sister hotel and a shuttle service that would take me there. Spa was very reasonably priced.

I booked the Superior Room and was glad that I did. Room was fresh and looked like it had been recently renovated. The mattress and pillows were of high quality also. I had no issues with wi-fi and found that it was a very fast connection from my room. The room looked nothing like the one in the photos I can see on the page. Perhaps, photos need to be updated as they're much better in person!

I didn't have a chance to visit the pub instead opting for Room Service. Food was wonderful, however it was only warm and not hot. More vegetarian options would have also been nice.

Bathroom was spacious and throughly cleaned. However, there was a constant flow of water in the toilet which was a little bit annoying at night when I was trying to sleep. I did not mention this to staff as it wasn't a huge deal and I wasn't wanting to room move.

Breakfast wasn't anything special. Service was average and food once again was rather cold, like it had been sitting there all morning. However, I was in the restaurant just before the closing time.

Staff were very professional. I required a late check out of 3pm and this was not a issue at all for staff. I wasn't even charged a late check out fee which most hotels ask for.

I didn't have my room key re-coded and found myself locked out of my room. After asking housekeeping if they could quickly let me in to get my bags out they told me to go down to reception as they weren't allowed to let me back in. Many may see this as a con, however it was great to see that staff were following hotel security procedures and not letting people into rooms that may not necessarily be theirs.

I will definitely be returning on my next trip to South Africa.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a pool view room if you are after a quiet stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tekor Q

I have taken careful note of your comments regarding your food temparture experiences and have adressed these with our Kitchen Management team.. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.

Yours In Hospitality
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while waiting to fly back from Joburg to Manchester. The hotel and rooms are only average and just like any other airport hotel. However, the staff make up for all of this, as they are so friendly and happy to help at any time. We especially liked the staff at the hotel Irish pub - Rosie O'Gradys where we ate every night. The food was also really good with Guiness on tap, yum.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my management team. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and Customer Care.

I have read your comments with great Pride and assure you that I will convey your feedback and comments to our team. It is through Guest Feedback like yours that we are able to maintain our High Standards and services delivery levels and put a proud smile on the faces of our Employees.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours In Hospitality
Great Western, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have been to this hotel around 5 times now , as the years have gone on the place is looking rundown , however it is clean .The rooms are quite small so with your luggage it's very cramped also the bed was small .Service was very good the buffet breakfast is excellent again in Rosie O'Gradys service was on and off food was not very good . Free service bus is a bonus .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

I have taken careful note of your comments regarding the condition of our rooms and can assure you we are already in the process of improving our product and offering. It is through Guest Feedback like yours that we are able to monitor our Service Delivery levels and make provisions to even further improve your “Guest Experience”. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and trust that you will find improvement in these areas.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Together with my family, I stayed here on two occasions prior to flights to and from JNB. The free airport shuttle service is very good, as a driver was waiting for us after our international flight. The on-site pub is good for a casual meal, as is the buffet - especially for breakfast. A minor irritation is the lack of a queing system at the front desk, as they allow people to jump in due to the lay-out. The rooms are of an acceptable standard, although we did pay more for a slight upgrade.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LisaAnnNeale, Manager at Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my management team. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and our Customer Care. I am pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations of our Hotel and appreciate your suggestion regarding our check out lines on a busy check out. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.