“Nice rooms, great food, amazing staff!”

Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice rooms, great food, amazing staff!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while waiting to fly back from Joburg to Manchester. The hotel and rooms are only average and just like any other airport hotel. However, the staff make up for all of this, as they are so friendly and happy to help at any time. We especially liked the staff at the hotel Irish pub - Rosie O'Gradys where we ate every night. The food was also really good with Guiness on tap, yum.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LisaAnnNeale, Manager at Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my management team. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and Customer Care.

I have read your comments with great Pride and assure you that I will convey your feedback and comments to our team. It is through Guest Feedback like yours that we are able to maintain our High Standards and services delivery levels and put a proud smile on the faces of our Employees.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours In Hospitality
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Great Western, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have been to this hotel around 5 times now , as the years have gone on the place is looking rundown , however it is clean .The rooms are quite small so with your luggage it's very cramped also the bed was small .Service was very good the buffet breakfast is excellent again in Rosie O'Gradys service was on and off food was not very good . Free service bus is a bonus .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
My Sincere Thanks to you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and Customer Care. I am pleased to read that were able to meet the majority of your expectations of our Hotel and would like to thank you for your constructive criticism as this will help us improve on the High Standard we have set ourselves.

I have taken careful note of your comments regarding the condition of our rooms and can assure you we are already in the process of improving our product and offering. It is through Guest Feedback like yours that we are able to monitor our Service Delivery levels and make provisions to even further improve your “Guest Experience”. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and trust that you will find improvement in these areas.

Melbourne
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Together with my family, I stayed here on two occasions prior to flights to and from JNB. The free airport shuttle service is very good, as a driver was waiting for us after our international flight. The on-site pub is good for a casual meal, as is the buffet - especially for breakfast. A minor irritation is the lack of a queing system at the front desk, as they allow people to jump in due to the lay-out. The rooms are of an acceptable standard, although we did pay more for a slight upgrade.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LisaAnnNeale, Manager at Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my management team. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and our Customer Care. I am pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations of our Hotel and appreciate your suggestion regarding our check out lines on a busy check out. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

So initially we thought there were a few positives.... It was clean, there was a pub so you could eat cheap food rather than paying extortionate hotel prices and a free shuttle bus from the airport but it soon went down hill.

The rooms are tiny and with two large suitcases in you trip over yourself. The bed is only a double and squashed between two bedside tables so feels very small.

The hotel is a dive from the airport, don't expect to be able to walk!

The things that really give it a score of 1 are:
- we were woken at 6.50am by someone ringing the wrong room for a wake up call- and no apology
- we were then woken again at 8 am by the cleaners wanting to get in and clean
- the cleaners then continued to bang around outside the rooms
- lastly and most importantly there was no water in the morning!!!! They had decided to shut it off for planned maintenance from 8am onwards and not bothered to tell us!!! We couldn't use the toilet, do our teeth, shower, clean etc- it was disgusting!
And we have no idea how the cleaners were able to clean the vacated rooms - I dread to think of the hygiene factor for the next guests....

• Stayed October 2013
My Sincere Thanks to you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and Customer Care. With this in mind, I would like to thank you for your constructive criticism as this will help us improve on the High Standard we have set ourselves. Please would you afford us an opportunity to change your perception of our hotel in the near future by providing me with a direct email or telephone number which I can contact you on?

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Close to the airport, this hotel is really for those looking for a one night stopover. There is a shuttle to and from the airport which makes it very convenient. The restaurant is a little souless and offers a buffet for both breakfast and dinner. The pub, attached to the hotel - Rosie O'Gradys, is a little more lively and the food is wholesome and well priced. I could definitely get used to the price of their beer at 19ZAR a pint £1,40!
The swimming pool is small and not very clean, so I was reluctant to use it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my management team. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and our Customer Care. I am pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations of our Hotel and appreciate your feedback regarding our facilities and services, particularly the reference to Rosie O Grady's food and beverage offering. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours In Hospitality
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed for one night and found the staff to be very grumpy and unfriendly here. If you are just flying in and out stay here. I wish I had stayed in Sandton as we had a day to fill in and it is not easy to get into town from her as you have to catch a shuttle which you have to pay for and then a train to get anywhere. They also don't offer late checkout but do offer to store luggage.
Breakfast was good and the Irish pub was good for meals. Also has a nice pool area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my management team. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and our Customer Care. I am pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations of our Hotel and will address my team’s demeanour during your stay with the team members concerned. It is through Guest Feedback like yours that we are able to monitor our Service Delivery levels and make provisions to even further improve your “Guest Experience”. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and trust that you will find improvement in these areas.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had to overnight between flights at Johannesburg airport. The free shuttle worked fine and the room was perfectly adequate for one night. There are two eating choices: a buffet and a pub. We chose the pub and had an OK meal, not fine dining but appetising and reasonably priced. The Wifi worked well and was included in our package. Breakfast was also included but we left too early to take it so cannot comment on quality.

We have previously stayed at the Southern Sun hotel which is a short walk from the terminal, but it is greatly overpriced for a layover stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my management team. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and our Customer Care. I am pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations of our Hotel, particularly that you were able to experience our value for money add on's through our breakfast, free shuttle and WIFI. We are particularly proud of our product offering and trust that in the future you will make use of our hotel again should you find yourself going through OR Tambo district.