“Emerald Stay”

Ranked #11 of 62 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Emerald Stay”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

A fantastic budget location with VERY friendly and helpful staff. I could not fault the team that looks after you on reception and housekeeping as they are great at what they do and nothing is too much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The service including meals and transfers met my expectations, the rooms were tidy, the location ideal and safe. The staff were very helpful and were ready to do all the could to give the best advice about going around J'burg. The accommodation was worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Norway
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The Emerald is a very guest friendly place. Since I flew in late at night and flew out in the morning, it was important for me to have reliable transfers to and from the airport. The Emerald provided that...and for free! The 2nd great thing is the fantastic breakfast they serve, also at no extra cost to the guest. The only low point of my stay was the 'cutting off' of electricity at night which I am not sure was due to a fault or if it's their routine. Nevertheless, I highly recommend the Emerald and will certainly stay there again in the future!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Me being a hotelier especially specialising in guest relations, I was highly disappointed with Emerald Guest House. I made a booking just for the night since I failed to get a flight for my actual date, the place is very close to the airport and the rate is very very reasonable. I was disappointed before I even got to the guest house when i couldnt locate their shuttle at the airport so I called the reception and the person who I spoke to was very very rude telling me "I must only listen to him" and not speak or ask people at the airport because they dont work for them". Well I ignored that, eventually I found the bus and on check-in, as I stood in front of their desk, he kept himself busy with his head down and eventually asked for my name. I was given a room upstairs very far that their wifi does not even work there. The Television was not working at all when I checked in at 11h30. I informed them and someone came to sort of fix, but it wasnt working still. They informed me that the maintenence guys were busy with the channels and whatever but nothing tv was blank with only one channel SABC1 which was even very blury to watch. Seeing I didnt like my room when I asked for an upgrade at my own expense, this rude receptionist said I must book a new room altogether. For lunch, Never ever try it just order in. I went to reception at 1pm asking for lunch since it says in their information book that lunch is served at 1pm, the receptionist told me that I must come at 2 because they are busy with something else. At 1:45 He then told me to pay first for the lunch and it came 30minutes later. I asked if he knew whether there were services where could order in a pizza or something he said he doesnt know. Anyway NEVER EVER ORDER THEIR FOOD it was poorly done. I had to call mr delivery who then made the highlight of my stay by bringing mineral water and a complimentary newspaper. Tv never worked till 21h30 when the 2 helpful mainfenance guys said they will call the manager but nothing happened. Late shift receptionist was very good and helpfull. I will never cone back to this guest house where they dont care about their guests but only their money. THERE are a lot more guest houses closer to the airport with better facilities and treatment than this. I had a bad night stay at the Emerald. They need to think of training good guest services to some of their front of house people. Management needs to check nif all their guests are happ. Its very important.

Room Tip: Dont chose room upstairs, if you use your wifi frequently, choose rooms closer to reception
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Although the room was a little 'worn & tired' the bed was clean & comfortable with fresh towels & hot shower in the bathroom. Breakfast was good, setting us up nicely for our onward flight. Shuttle service excellent - someone waiting exactly as stated in our confirmation & only 5 minutes from airport. Great value for overnight stopover & would definitely use again. Very pleasant staff. Thank you

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Slept over at Emerald guest house on our way to and back from Mauritius. A jovial staff member collected us from ORT airport at 12:30 the night and safely took us to the hotel. The. Room was need and catered for all our needs. Breakfast the morning was good which filled us for our next leg of our journey. He returned us the the airport at no etra costs and then punctually was on hand to collect us when we returnedand likewise took us back to the airport for our return home.

Friendly staff and accommodating as they allowed us to stay in the room past che k out time as my wife didnt feel to good.

I can certainly recommend Emerald Guest house.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is a clean, friendly, comfortable, and the property is close to the airport. It does not try to be anything else. The staff is very friendly, cheerful, and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Shuttle service was prompt and well run. The breakfast was good with a lot of variety. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family