“comfortable stay”

Emerald Guest House
Ranked #14 of 68 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Although the room was a little 'worn & tired' the bed was clean & comfortable with fresh towels & hot shower in the bathroom. Breakfast was good, setting us up nicely for our onward flight. Shuttle service excellent - someone waiting exactly as stated in our confirmation & only 5 minutes from airport. Great value for overnight stopover & would definitely use again. Very pleasant staff. Thank you

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Slept over at Emerald guest house on our way to and back from Mauritius. A jovial staff member collected us from ORT airport at 12:30 the night and safely took us to the hotel. The. Room was need and catered for all our needs. Breakfast the morning was good which filled us for our next leg of our journey. He returned us the the airport at no etra costs and then punctually was on hand to collect us when we returnedand likewise took us back to the airport for our return home.

Friendly staff and accommodating as they allowed us to stay in the room past che k out time as my wife didnt feel to good.

I can certainly recommend Emerald Guest house.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is a clean, friendly, comfortable, and the property is close to the airport. It does not try to be anything else. The staff is very friendly, cheerful, and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Shuttle service was prompt and well run. The breakfast was good with a lot of variety. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This place was great for the money. Clean and comfortable with a pool and tasty breakfast. Airport transfer was perfect. Wifi in room didn't work though.would definitely recommend it as an airport stop over.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Their service was excellent! There is free transport to and from the airport every hour during the day. The room was spacious for the price and everything was clean, no dust for miles! A drawback was there were people staying in the room on top of mine and when they walked you simply could not be unaware of it, but everything else made up for it. It is perfectly located and has a huge amount of plants and trees! The swimming pool was awesome and I wasn't aware of any dangerous objects laying around. I really enjoyed the stay and I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2014

While the room and the surroundings are most pleasent and relaxing, I did not receive my breakfast pack as promised (we arranged this the night before upon my check-in as I was to leave at 6am and breakfast is only served from 7am) as I had to leave early, the shuttle to the airport was late almost causing me to miss my flight and the driver couldn't give a damn! Front desk was accommodating, but the can't be said for the rest.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at the place with my family and we didnt like the service. the Help is quite unfriendly starting from the reception desk where I had to stand for about 5 minutes before i was attended to( nothing else was going on). W e then had to wait another 25 minutes before we were shown to our roomsthat were quite stuffy. when Asked for directions and suggestions for nearby restaurants we were told take a drive, I found that to be very uninformative. I was not expecting five star treatment, just a bit of friendliness. However. the area is convinient for those traveling and need a place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport
Sunrock Guesthouse
Sunrock Guesthouse
#2 of 26 in Kempton Park

Been to Emerald Guest House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Emerald Guest House

Address: 19 Halifax Street | Rhodesfield, Kempton Park 1619, South Africa
Location: South Africa > Gauteng > Greater Johannesburg > Kempton Park
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #14 of 68 B&Bs / Inns in Kempton Park
Price Range: $34 - $64 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Emerald Guest House 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Emerald Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.