“Sushi Symphony”

Ranked #40 of 80 Restaurants in Kempton Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Coming from a small town without much to chooses from, my brother has never had sushi before. We decided to take him to Cape Town Fish Market at Greenstone Mall, Edenvale as the possibilities are endless and one can have a feast with what they have to offer sushi-wise.

I sugegsted the sandwiches or maybe something like a california roll to start with, but no - according to him "they" say the sashimi is the tastiest. (Who are "they" anyway!?)
I advised him that sashimi might not be the best choice to start off with on your sushi exploring, but he insisted. As the salmon sashimi arrived he eyed it with disbelief, took a bite, added some soya to try and spice it up but the look on his face stayed put. A look of "what was I thinking!"

My husband ended up finishing the sashimi and brother dearest decided that sushi may not be the preferred seafood for him.

Alas, do not expect a bite of medium steak when putting a piece of raw fish in your mouth....

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were a big group of 9 eating out for lunch there. From mine own and others reactions we felt treated like royalty! We had balcony table and it was a beautiful, sunny day to top it up. Service was excellent, quick and efficient. Food was fantastic! We all went for traditional sea food and were served big, overflowing platters with appetizingly arranged fish, calamari rings, prawns and mussels. Fresh and tasty!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

What a waste of nearly R1000 for mothers day. The prawns was overcooked, falling apart and tasteless. Calamari was so salty I could hardly put my mouth to it. The sad part is that one does not want to spoil one's mother's day by complaining at the time. Absolutely no personal touch to the food, a sausage factory that keep the money rolling in, shocking cooking. I then decided to order a lemon butter sauce to improve the taste of the prawns that was terrible, and they had the cheek to charge for it!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The food was very expensive and the service were really not up to standard. I was not impressed with my meal at all and 2 people on our table of 8 got the wrong order

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The quality of this food is dismal. Although the service tried didn,t reach outstanding. The wine list sufficed.