“This hotel is dubious and heartless - Not recommended”
Review of Airport Inn B&B

and 1 more site!
Airport Inn B&B
Ranked #31 of 68 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in transit without visa and I googled online for hotels within the airport and Airport inn popped up and I ignorantly booked the hotel. On getting to OR Tambo, I found out that the hotel was not within the Airport but outside. Even though in my form I indicated that I did not have an SA Visa, the hotel still went ahead to charge my Credit Card. I slept in the cold at the Airport lounge, yet the hotel billed me. This is Pure Fraud and Deception.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mean G

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed here less than 12 hours on a short layover at OR Tambo. The price was right and we just needed a bed. That's all we got. The airport transfer we set up was 20 minutes late which was very strange considering the hotel is only 10 minutes away and we had called them when they weren't there on our arrival. The whole being stuck on the street in Joburg in the middle of the night really put a sour taste in our mouths and we'll probably just cough up the money to stay at the hotel connected to the airport next time. The bed was comfortable, but any horizontal sleep feels great after 12 hours on an airplane. There was no hot water, and when we mentioned this to reception they didn't seem surprised or concerned. The complimentary breakfast was barely existent and we chose to skip it because it didn't look or smell all that appetizing. I got the sleep I was looking for for a pretty cheap price, but I wouldn't recommend staying here for any extended period of time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked a large deluxe room a few days ago at a cost of 750 Rands, The whole place is shabby and a bit skanky, the pool was unusable unless you wanted an infection. The room was large but old and shabby looking, small tv with about 3 crap English channels (no DSTV). For some reason it had central heating but no air con or ceiling fan. A small noisy portable fan was available from reception but drowned out the tv which was then in turn ocasioanaly drowned out by planes taking off/landing (it's very close to the airport). Wifi did not stretch to the room but was available in the restraunt but still slow. The free breakfast was ok but not great, I asked for omelette and was told only fried eggs, then the next bloke ordered scrambled eggs no problem. The free shuttle to the airport stops at 10 am. Not far away there is a huge complex with casino, shops, restraunts, cinema and hotels, the Las Vegas of South Africa, rooms online were cheaper there. I almost cried when I realised later on. Airport inn you have to be back inside by 10.30pm as the security gates are locked for the night, not that there's anywhere to go anyway as its a dodgy area that you defo can't go walking about in.
I think it's also a backpackers with dorm rooms and it is more suited to them. Defo not worth the money and I wouldn't recommend it!

Room Tip: Stay at the casino?
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank IanJmofo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Kind of shabby cottages/rooms, though clean. An undertaking was going on when I was there so in the end it be upgraded. The breakfast was ok but served in the area near the reception which has a very poor standard.

They did not serve lunch or dinner, but the positive is that by entering their backgate you are 50 meters from the Premier Hotel and they serve delicious food and great wines in a nice environment at a real valualbe cost.

Overall, value for the money on a short overnight stay between flights.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the reception so you do not get one in the back where you're window is to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 11, 2013

There are three good reasons to stay at the Airport Inn -- it is safe, safe, safe.

There is a raw current of violence in Johannesburg and it isn't safe to walk on the streets -- unless you are in Sandton and even then not at night. The shuttle service to the airport and the Gautrain solves the problem. Pick up was always fast and efficient.

The front desk staff were most helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Did an overnight at the Airport Inn last month. The place is nice and the airport pick up was certainly much appreciated. It was just too bad that the following morning, when we were looking for a send off to the airport, the front desk staff snorted at us, told us it was too early (around 0500 hours and no signage on the front desk) and that my baby was making too much noise. That was certainly not what were looking for after having been through a long haul flight and we were just on a layover in Johannesburg. We were made to wait. Got worried that the shuttle was not going to be available. Arrived at the airport just in the nick of time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CasaYsabella
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed one night here. Appears to be an old appartment/condo complex. Food is frozen and served if you microwave. Decor of rooms is funky. Felt like a 70s type of place. Good things is the pick up and drop off to the airport. Okay for overnight stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple