“Felt so at home!”

Casalinga Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #25 of 1,183 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Felt so at home!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I would just like to thank the staff and managment from Casalinga. This has been the second time round where they all made us feel so at home. We honestly feel like we have been going to Casalinga for years. Well we will be going there for years to come, that is a fact.
From the beautiful flowers on the table, amazing Lindt Chocolate cake for my mothers birthday, rich and tasteful food, o my word and more then generous portions to the beautiful outside area where my kids cant wait to get to, we love it!
My husband surprised me with a lovely romantic dinner for just the two of us for my birthday and it was so special we just had to go again! Lloyd (management) even remembered what wine we loved and our waiter Klaas was just the most funniest guy around yet very charming.
So this sunday was absolutely the best, yet again and we have booked for the Jazz lunch in September and cannot wait!
If only there were more Restaurants like Casalinga around.
Thank You so much!

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Over rated!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Casalinga on numerous occasions and it is probably one of the best restaurants in the area. But over time, they seemed to have lost their touch. The restaurant is a great venue, but for the price I expect more. Take last night for example, the oxtail was offered as a special: 4 of us tried to order it, but it was finished (this happens). Then the lamb shanks arrived cold (there is no excuse for that). Service was mediocre but not up to scratch for a restaurant of this caliper.
I hope that they will get their act together and turn this around to recreate the excellence we expect from Casalinga.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Markus J
London, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Joburg”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We returned to Casalinga for our Wedding Anniversary, nine years after we were married there in 2004. It was just as good then as it is now. The steak was superb, and possibly the best I have ever eaten. The Kingklip was sublime and the coffees were excellent. The staff were attentative and friendly and the grounds as beautiful as ever.

Thanks for a fabulous meal and the chance to return to a beautiful place for our anniversary.

Visited August 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We recently had lunch at Casalinga and enjoyed every moment of it. Food, service and atmosphere were perfect. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
Hong Kong, China
“A truly lovely location”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We visited with friends. The setting was gorgeous, the wine good, the food not quite upto expectations. But the overall experience was still very memorable - the location was stunning!

The service is friendly, but our waiter got things a little mixed up. My friend asked for a vegetarian pasta, which the waiter forgot to serve - everyone at the table waited for about 15 minutes before we realized that the waiter must have forgotten the order. After reminding them, when it finally came, it had meat in it. They quickly replaced it when they realized the mistake. Mistakes do happen everywhere - the fantastic location and the rest of the service made up for it (even for my friend). Will go back!

• Visited May 2013