“Over-rated and poor service overall!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Fishmonger

Fishmonger
Ranked #67 of 1,186 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Geneva, Switzerland
“Over-rated and poor service overall!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to Fishmonger on our third night in Johannesburg and it was pretty disappointing. To start with the welcome.
Despite having booked a table, we were asked to wait aside for a few minutes. Once sitted, we start ordering and get to know that there were no oysters (while this is what I really wanted to have as a starter). I took the squid heads instead but it was nothing fancy and not so tasty. For the main dish, I took a seafood platter which was ok but again it felt very fat and nothing extraordinary. When I ordered the dessert, I got to learn again that my dessert wasn't available (is this a joke?), so had to take something else instead (a cheescake which was good anyhow even though not my first choice). Fortunately, our waiter was really nice and fun but that was all about Fishmonger. Not sure I fully understand all the positive reviews.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Anisa P

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you like seafood then this is a great place to go. The food isn't cheap but it's well-made and uber-fresh. The service is also top notch, the staff are very attentive. The decor isn't amazing but it's clean and warm-looking.

Visited July 2013
Salmiyah, Kuwait
“Seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Not too bad, I prefer Ocean Basket. Fishmonger is more pricey and staff not as hands on as Ocean Basket

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Linda S
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Tasty food, high price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We decided to try the Fishmonger restaurant in Nicolway shopping center. Our experience was mixed, the service was good and friendly and the food was nice and tasty, however not very exceptional. Same time I found the price too high, especially if I compare to other fish restaurants, so at the moment we are not planning to come back.

• Visited April 2013
Windhoek, Namibia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I loved the food; really delicious. I didn't like when they take a bit long to bring the food. But I think is a thing that most restaurant do.

Visited August 2013