“Yum,Yum,Yum”

Ranked #169 of 1,323 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

It is obvious from the moment you enter that the service levels are high and that the restaurant makes great efforts to train their staff. The warm welcome and the slightly private dining area that we had made for a relaxed and enjoyable evening.

And the food....absolutely delicious and beautifully presented.

I started with Springbok carpaccio which was a large serving but had beautiful, subtle flavours.

Vilamoura's reputation is for seafood and the seven king prawns I had for my main course more than maintained that reputation.

My only niggle was that the restaurant only served Portuguese port - I can understand why from the name of the restaurant but this is South Africa - where there are some exceptional ports. We skipped this and stayed with just coffee to finish off our meal

The meal represented excellent value for money.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We hosted my friend's 50th birthday party. They travelled from Ghana for the occassion. very embarrasing that his wife found a massive metal staple in her bread.
The staff and management were very luke warm about it...blaming the supplier.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My first experience was on my birthday, courtesy of my husband. It was extremely special, received a birthday card , and although my husband made the booking well in advance, the staff and manager gave me birthday wishes when I arrived. The prawns platter was divine and well worth the money spent, my husband had equally good things to say about the prawns curry. My second experience on the 17 August 2013, was equally amazing, the chicken schnitzels were well cooked and my husband enjoyed the king prawn platter. All in all, every experience here was amazing, amazing service in an amazing place and extremely quiet on a Saturday evening in the non smoking section and extremely beautiful surroundings. Perfect place for a couple’s night out.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had the fish platter which consisted of Kinglip, baby lobster and prawns, preceded by mussels in a peri peri sauce.
Colleagues who were also at the restaurant had seafood platters or ostrich. We were a party of 11 people from various countries and without exception all thought the food to be excellent. Well prepared and well presented.

The wine list is also exceptional, along with the surroundings and great service makes this a highly recommended restaurant.
The prices may be on the expensive side for South Africa but as a visitor to the country I did not find them too bad at all.

Platters are from 299 Rand to 499 with plenty of variation to choose from, other mains cost from 160 Rand. Wines from 160 rand to over 2000 rand.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Vulamoura Sandton has a very excellent array of fish dishes on their menu, from starters to main course. the quality of food and service was much appreciated. atmosphere is pleasant .
May be pricey for some but worth every cent