“A lovely place for lunch and coffee break!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Walnut Grove
Ranked #35 of 1,173 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: An exciting new eating concept in the heart of Sandton City. Come and dine under the shade of our family tree and one of Africa's largest chandeliers.
Geneva, Switzerland
“A lovely place for lunch and coffee break!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I went a few times at Walnut Grove for lunch and coffee breaks! Needless to say this is an amazing venue, not only serving delicious coffees and a variety of cakes but also offering incredible meals.
I had twice a salad (they serve a variety of warm and cold dishes though) and they were the most beautiful and tasty salads I've ever had!!!! Portions were so generous that I wasnt hungry by dinner time. Together with the salad, I had freshly extracted lemon juice, which was refreshing and delicious.
Finally, I've also tried their coffees which are excellent and the pecan pie which was so soft and tasty.
I highly recommend this place if you're around.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WalnutGroveSA, Owner at Walnut Grove, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of our family run restaurant. We are thrilled to have these wonderful experiences on Tripadvisor. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Thanks so much
Elle

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Amazing !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I love Walnut Grove!! It is truly a gem in Sandton City!!!

Upon arrival you are greeted with a smile, they honestly has the friendliest staff out there!!
The menu is huge, but don't let that fool you. Everything is alway delicious and bursting with flavour and presented beautifully.

It'a also really good value for money!!!
I love it , and I really do suggest you try it!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks very much for a beautiful review. It is reviews like this that make our job worthwhile.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

All the best
Elle
Team Walnut Grove
Sunnyside, New York
“Improve on Service..!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have patronised this restaurant for more than twice already. I cannot quite remember anything in terms of service 'but' the food here is excellent the atmosphere calm and relaxed...! That is the only reason I've always came back honestly.

This past Sunday I spent way enough with family at this place hence service was a real disappointment, the guy tried his very best but it seems like he had a number of table he could afford to which should not be the case. I am very much service orientated and once before have worked in restaurants that sits over a thousand for dinner, my suggestion - get a table assignor to allocate guests according to stations assigned to each server, more information I'm happy to assist if interested. Instead of having servers welcoming guests and sit them as they wish and the next thing they provide unacceptable service, my idea maybe helpful..!

The restaurant and coffee shop are up to standard, in the heart of the Sandton City, well I'll give it a try again as I always have people I would want them to experience this spot. Please make sure you work on the service soonest to be able to maintain a good reputation of this beautiful place you have.

• Visited October 2013
Johannesburg
“Poor service at this mall coffee shop”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had to seat ourselves and try and attract the attention of a waiter. The food was really mediocre and the service particularly poor. We ended up settling up with a different waiter and leaving because the first one disappeared after delivering an incomplete order. There was no visible management in this crammed little mall coffee shop.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Charles L
WalnutGroveSA, Owner at Walnut Grove, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Good Morning,

Firstly, I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the poor service you received at our establishment. This is not the level of service that we would like to present to our customers and we are deeply saddened that any of our customers leave with such a terrible experience.

It would mean a great deal to us if we could invite you back for a complimentary meal in hope of showing you a different side to our family run restaurant.

If you could email myself personally elle@wanutgrove.co.za we can arrange this as we would really appreciate a second chance.

Thanking you in advance,

Elle Ruschioni
(Owner, Walnut Grove)
London
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I've had a couple of breakfasts and coffees here, is a great place and nice decor . Service the first time was not great but food was lovely, but I'm now back for 3 rd time. Coffee and cakes is good to. Worth trying if you are in Sandton

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Good morning,

Walnut Grove and the team would love to thank you for your kind words and comments about our restaurant. It means so much to us when people take the time to write something positive about a restaurant our family have owned for many years. We have taken your comments on board about the service and we are working very hard to try improve this by sending our staff on training.

We look forward to seeing you in the future at our restaurant,

Thanks,